excited,a little nervous, & ready for fun in the sun & water

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Debbielou

Registered
Reaction score
Hi everyone. My son & I just finished up our pool stuff, and now we're ready to do our cert dives in the Bahamas, while my husband (Tavi) does his Nitrox, and what-ever other courses he is doing.
I'm really looking forward to diving as this is something we are doing as a family. My son's wife and daughter are staying home, because of her job, but I'm sure he'll still have a great time. He'd like to see a hammerhead shark.
I"m not perticularly fond of seeing the sharks, but would love to see & even swim with a turtle if possible.
I ended up getting 2 shorties (3/2)a fullsuit (3/2) and I haven't figured out how I feel about the way the 5/3 fullsuit fits yet. I have my own Cobra comp. and I rented a Mares Vector 1000 bc and a Seaquest XR2 reg. It's hard to believe that a week ago, I still couldn't find a suit to fit now I have a few of them.
In November, I got Broncitus in the Bahamas, and couldn't dive, and now my son & me both have been fighting a sinus infection, so I'm hoping that by Sunday when we dive we'll be all better. Funny how things work..going to see the Doc about this the other day.... The nurse said she is a diver, and was telling me quite a bit of info, and what she was like the first few times she dove. Then I went to buy a different bathing suit, and the manager of that department was telling me that she had been in the same place in Freeport as we were, and how she loved it. She snorkeled, but said she didn't have the balls to dive, that she wasn't that much of a water person.
For me,I think the major hebe-geebees are over, now their just minor specks of nervousness, and that is okay with me. I don't think it would be normal not to be a little nervous, right?
Can't wait to get there for the nice weather, and at the same time I'll really miss my cat. Wish I could take him. Bet he'd like to play with the fish too. Hope to get alot of pictures, maybe he'd like to see them too.
Thanks for all the comments and I will talk to you again. Who knows maybe even before we leave on Saturday. Debbielou

Hi Debbielou! I won't say "don't be nervous" I think that it's good to be a little nervous, I think that those little nerves remind you to be conscious of your skills & safety. I am doing my first night dive (with an instructor) tonight and I am a little nervous too, but I know that after I do it once & I know what to expect the next time will be a piece of cake! Post your pics for us when you get back!

Have a GREAT time!
kate

We're going to be in the Bahamas in November of this year. Do you remember what the water temps were then?

Thanks!

It's so wonderful to read threads from new divers! We were all nervous when we first "hit the water" (& anyone who tells you different isn't being totally honest). Let me assure you that it's normal and for me, I still get nervous before I dive. (Nervous & excited) It's invigorating. I hope you enjoy the adventure and may this weekend be the start of a new love affair for you and your family! I'm anxious to hear how it went & what happens!

Debbielou,

I'm glad you've gotten over your bigger fears,Hebe-geebees are okay.I think we're gonna have a great time.

detroit diver,

water temp,1st week in November last year was 82f
We may be going back in November too.

Tavi:tree:

We'll be in Nassau (Paradise Island) during Thanksgiving. You?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom