Exposure Suit for Bahamas

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dewmercer

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I’m headed down to Nassau for the last week of March. My buddy and I want to dive 4 – 5 tanks a day for 4 days. I’m a cold water diver and always use a dry suit. What thickness of wet suit should I be considering for this trip? (Note: My DUI CF200 dry suit is too bulky to bring with me).

Well, I'm headed down shortly after you in the middle of April and I used the chart in this link to decide that I'm bringing a 3mm full wetsuit with me.

Look under the section, 'Do I Need a Wetsuit?'
Aqua Cat Cruises -- Frequently Asked Questions -- Nassau, Bahamas Live-Aboard

A decent 3mm full wetsuit can be found for under $200 just about anywhere. Mine is Body Glove but my dive partners is a Pinnacle 3mm Merino lined. I don't get cold very easily but he does hence the merino lined suit. My wife on the other hand will be snorkeling in a bikini the entire time above us. Not sure where to focus my attention... :D

I hope that helps, happy & safe diving to you down there!

I just got back from a liveaboard trip out of Nassau. The water temp was 70-73 every day and I wore a 5mm jumpsuit and a neoprene beanie and was comfortable with 5 dives a day. My husband wore a 3mm without a beanie and was comfortable also, but he is "well insulated". Some thinner women wore 7mm and were still cold, so YMMV. Have a great trip!

I went down there a few years ago in April and did fine with a 3mm and was very comfortable.

My buddy and I want to dive 4 – 5 tanks a day for 4 days.
So basically you'll be spending all day at Stuart Coves...they only night dive with 6 or more. Typically (according to the website) only Friday & Saturday nights.

Bahama Divers only does 3 dives/day and Paradise Dive recently closed. IDK what Landshark's current status is but they boat dive with Stuart Cove's anyway.

Current water temperature

Was in the keys last month, water temp 72 and I dove with my CF200. I think the drysuit is the choice for your trip.

I'd love to bring my DS but its just too heavy and bulky. My buddy is bringing his though.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom