Express Tech

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Just to reiterate, we intended the plates and harnesses to be purchased separately by shops that were familiar with assembling BP/W setups. There are no included instructions and the girls in customer service can not guide you through the assembly process over the phone. Hell, I built dozens of them on the assembly line and I don't think I could tell you how to do it over the phone.

This video can tell you how to do it Zeagle Express BC Assembly - YouTube

This video can tell you how to do it Zeagle Express BC Assembly - YouTube
I hate to continue to be a Negative Nancy on this but use that video with the understanding that we made this video very early in the production cycle of the Express Tech. Now the bladder is a little different (no wing clips) and we stopped using the bladder attachment straps. You can get these items if you want but they are extra and you would not find them on a stock Express Tech produced in 2012. Other than that, go wild with it. :D

That isn't negative I would say that is informative and helpful.

So you can't get the harness without those silly plastic quick release buckles anymore?

Actually, I bought the ETD precisely for those "silly plastic quick release buckles," then removed the chest strap and shoulder pads. One of the ET/ETD's greatest features was its versatility. You could modify one into just about any configuration you wanted, and I happen to prefer buckles.

I am surprised Zeagle dropped the ET.

Actually, I bought the ETD precisely for those "silly plastic quick release buckles," then removed the chest strap and shoulder pads. One of the ET/ETD's greatest features was its versatility. You could modify one into just about any configuration you wanted, and I happen to prefer buckles.

I am surprised Zeagle dropped the ET.

Hey Downing try those shoulder pads installed on the belly band webbing.

Hey Jeff i orders an express tech with the 35# bladder so my bladder has the wing clips where can i get the straps that go to them?

Hey Jeff i orders an express tech with the 35# bladder so my bladder has the wing clips where can i get the straps that go to them?

The part number for the clips I refered to is p/n 519-BS01 and your local Zeagle dealer can order them for you.

For anyone interested, you'll want a pair of these (the part number is for a pair) if you intend to put a non-donut, non-stock bladder onto the Express Tech. Its basically a piece of 3/4" webbing with a female clip on it to accept the male clip that is on the "wings" of Zeagle bladder assemblies. You can see the male clips very clearly in this picture to give you an idea of what I'm talking about.

Thats a pretty good summary of it. Here are some side by side photos The Express Tech Deluxe is on the left, the standard Express Tech is on the right. Click on the images to enlarge.
View attachment 150054View attachment 150053
The standard had no pad kit included and was a simple harness with a plastic buckle closure. The Deluxe has the pad kit included and the multiple sections of webbing to make the webbing harness, allowing for side release buckles (Airloc was the brand/style we used on the Deluxe) at both the waist and shoulder areas. A sternum strap was included with the Deluxe. The Deluxe has three SKUs with different prices to reflect the weight system used.
  • 7709NK-DLX No weight system included
  • 7709WK-DLX Zip Touch weight system included
  • 7709RK-DLX Ripcord weight system included (inset picture above)

Both BCs use the same backplate p/n 7759, so you would be able to switch harnesses or add your own harness if you desired (what others have been suggesting in this thread). Both use the same 24lb bladder p/n 7039HD (seen here, but the 7039HD bladder does not have the male half of the side release buckle that the picture there shows), and they can accept any bladder we offer and many other non-Zeagle bladders also. Both are set up to use single cylinders out of the box, and both can accept the hardware needed to run twin cylinders if you choose.

Sure, you can remove the webbing harness and put your own in there if you are inclined. We offer the components seperately to dealers if they want to build their own and put their own flair into it, but we're expecting them to have experience in assembling the harness so detailed instructions are not included with the individual components. I would coordinate this with your local dive shop to have them help you assemble it if you don't feel comfortable doing it yourself.

alright... so how long of a webbing do it need? i understand its a continuous 2in webbing? thickness matters?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom