External Strobe for Stylus 410

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ItsBruce

Contributor
Reaction score
I recently bought a Stylus 410 with an underwater housing. I really like it a lot. Now, however, I'm wondering whether it can use an external strobe either above water or below.

I think the only stobes you will be able to use with it will be those with a fiber optic sensor.

I also have Stylus 410. I find in certain conditions (30 feet depth or close up) that I don't need a strobe. Because of this, I find that I am using my strobe less and less.

However, the strobe that I am using is a Sea and Sea YS90DX. This is an overkill for the camera but didn't know better when I purchased it. It does work on fiber optic and the settings are manual.

Hope this helps and good luck with your camera. The 410 is very compact and easy to use. It has relatively little delay and it focuses well underwater.

you might want to include the new Inon D2000W. That will allow you to upgrade to a DSLR in the future if you have a mind to.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom