Info Extreme Simple Green Documentation

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

rsingler

Scuba Instructor, Tinkerer in Brass
Staff member
ScubaBoard Sponsor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Finally we have an easily available detergent which actually specifies that it is appropriate for use for oxygen cleaning scuba equipment.

I thought you might find the documentation helpful in this regard.

The relevant phrase with regard to our old standby, Simple Green Crystal, is:
"...however, in 2012 the formulations of Simple Green All‐Purpose and Crystal Simple Green changed in order to comply with air quality legislation in the United States. Therefore, prior test data supporting the use of cleaning compressed gas equipment with these products is no longer valid. In order to continue supporting these industries and their compressed gas equipment cleaning needs, we have chosen to provide test data on our product Extreme Simple Green Aircraft & Precision Cleaner (aka Extreme Simple Green Aviation Heavy Duty Cleaner and Degreaser,) to confirm safe and effective use of this formula for this application."

$71 for 5 gal at Home Depot, for a gazillion years worth at 3:1 to 8:1.

Cheers!

Attachments

• Tech_EN-US_SimpleGreenCleaningCompressedGasEquipment.pdf
    3.3 MB · Views: 231
  • SDS_EN-US_SimpleGreenExtremeAircraftPrecisionCleaner.pdf
    236 KB · Views: 165
Finally we have an easily available detergent which actually specifies that it is appropriate for use for oxygen cleaning scuba equipment.

I thought you might find the documentation helpful in this regard.

$71 for 5 gal at Home Depot, for a gazillion years worth at 3:1 to 8:1.

Cheers!
$79 at my home depot. Who would have ever thought a chemical would be cheaper in California.

What's scary is Its in my cart as we speak and I took a glance at the board... must be a sign.

$79 at my home depot. Who would have ever thought a chemical would be cheaper in California.

Or he bought it a year or two ago.

I can't help it if I live on the Left Coast...
Screenshot_20220205-221308_Home Depot.jpg

But just to reassure y'all, it ain't California. It's my military discount. All you have to do is give away 20 years of your life...

...5 gallons! Yeah, that ought to last a long time. Especially now that we Aldi clothes washing powder to do the majority of the work.

Thank you guys for your service.

though not as economical from a "unit pricing", I picked up the spray bottle size of it..... Likely enough for a reasonable number of projects...

...5 gallons! Yeah, that ought to last a long time. Especially now that we Aldi clothes washing powder to do the majority of the work.

Thank you guys for your service.

Did I miss something? Im guessing I did.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom