Eygpt crash

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

It was an Egyptian aircraft. The responsibility for the safety of it is ultimately theirs.

Not so sure. The responsability would be on all of us.We are buying gas from them and therefore tolerate way too much from their leaders. We believe in democracy and want to impose on people that cannot live on these principles. .......just to name a few of our collective mistakes.

It was an Egyptian aircraft. The responsibility for the safety of it is ultimately theirs.
Rubbish (Sorry)

If an Aircraft lands at any airport it has to use their ground handling services and security - thus the onus for the security of the services falls up on that airport and the country that it is in. Had this been a US or Canadian plane you can bet their respective governments would have been very loud in their condemnation.

The crew can only check their aircraft so far

Not so sure. The responsability would be on all of us.We are buying gas from them and therefore tolerate way too much from their leaders. We believe in democracy and want to impose on people that cannot live on these principles. .......just to name a few of our collective mistakes.

You seem to have veered somewhat off topic. Perhaps you mis-posted in the incorrect thread.

@Murky Waters. NOT at ALL, I am with diving Dubaï to believe that you are wrong in your assesment :p.

Again, IF this was a terrorist act - not proven at all - then I believe that the western world allowed the islamic radicalism to happen and that we should share the responsability. If you want a more specific "responsible", I am afraid that we need to know what happened. Without any facts, the speculations are ludicrous.

@Murky Waters. NOT at ALL, I am with diving Dubaï to believe that you are wrong in your assesment :p.

Again, IF this was a terrorist act - not proven at all - then I believe that the western world allowed the islamic radicalism to happen and that we should share the responsability. If you want a more specific "responsible", I am afraid that we need to know what happened. Without any facts, the speculations are ludicrous.

Huh?

@Murky Waters:

Read your last quote:"No one is responsible for people who blow up airplanes full of living human beings except the people who blow them up."

and a previous quote of yours: "It was an Egyptian aircraft. The responsibility for the safety of it is ultimately theirs."

Changed your mind :p:grouphug2::acclaim:

Do you believe it is worth fighting over this BEFORE we know what happened? I don't. End of the story on my part :happywave:

Most of the oil that is produced by Egypt is used domestically. Or are you using the country of Egypt as representative of the Middle East/Muslim majority countries?

Is your reference to "Islamic radicalism" in relation to the plane that crashed or the intra-religious fighting over orthodoxy that has been occuring since at least 632 CE?

Anyway, I used to live in Egypt during one of its quieter periods. Until recently, I would not have had any qualms about flying there and diving the Red Sea. If I were to go now, I would fly a carrier that conducts their own, additional, bag screening. I would stay at a hotel that had excellent security OR one that does not have a large number of tourists stay there. I would keep a low profile and stay away from tourist spots. Egypt is a lovely country.

Dear Scubajill,

Please disregard my previous remarks. They have been largelly misunderstood and for me the case is closed.

FYI, when I am talking about the countries producing oil in the middle east, I am thinking about the Gulf countries, not Egypt.

As I said earlier, I am still planning to go diving in the Red Sea. The Egyptians do not deserve what they are getting.

To draw conclusions at this stage and to blame Egyptair, without knowing anything about what really happened, is what I reacted to.

Y
@Murky Waters:

Read your last quote:"No one is responsible for people who blow up airplanes full of living human beings except the people who blow them up."

and a previous quote of yours: "It was an Egyptian aircraft. The responsibility for the safety of it is ultimately theirs."

Changed your mind :p:grouphug2::acclaim:

Do you believe it is worth fighting over this BEFORE we know what happened? I don't. End of the story on my part :happywave:

Two different objects. Safety of an aircraft. Perpétration of an atrocity.

By introducing an erroneous element you seem to have confused yourself.

Back
Top Bottom