Facial Piercings and Diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The first time I ran across tongue balls was in Bankok. Lots of the bar girls had them. To those of you who don't know the reasoning behind the tongue ball, they are there to enhance the pleasure of a certain kind of activity which I can't mention on this forum. Since then, whenever I have seen a male with a tongue ball, this comes to mind and makes me wonder about their orientation. I hope that this doesn't affend anyone with a tongue ball or get me in trouble with the moderator who just might have one.

Wow. :rofl3::rofl3::rofl3:

I believe the tongue ring may serve other purposes. I am just imagining your conversation with the "Bar Girls" in order to learn about one benefit of the tongue ring. And before this gets deleted by the moderator (which I support) there are actions in which consenting males may participate with consenting females that a tongue ring would "enhance" the female experience. I think you are spending to much time looking in guys mouths and worrying about who they bunk down with.

Now I would be more concerned about a lip ring being hooked up on a reg.

Busdiver: Worried? Not really. Being as I am sort of a curious type guy it just makes me wonder about them. Do you have one?

I do not. Tattoos and piercings are not for me. I enjoy looking at them and believe that people should express themselves in any manner that they choose as long as it does not harm someone else. One of my dive buddies is covered in tattoos. I asked him if he ever regretted putting any of them on his body. He told me that people who regret their tattoos suffer from commitment issues.

Now if a piercing would effect a persons safety while they dove, I would hope they would remove the piercing and not put them self and their dive buddy in harm's way.

Garrobo...are you serious?? Piercings don't have to have a purpose...in fact, more often than not they are just decoration. Since apparently piercings must have a "reasoning" please tell me the purpose of a naval ring, earing, labret, lip ring, industrial, eyebrow ring, tragus ring, and monroe.

I have several piercings (including tongue) and none of them are for any other "reason" than I like the way they look.

Garrobo...are you serious?? Piercings don't have to have a purpose...in fact, more often than not they are just decoration.

Correct me if I've misunderstood, but isn't decoration a reason?

I suppose decoration is a reason but it is not an active physical purpose as Garrabo was suggesting piercings must have.

Note to the Mods: I didn't start it, and I think I'm choosing my phrases very carefully...no TOS violation here :angel_2:

nipple rings would suck with a wetsuit... lol

Nope, they don't. No problem at all.

Hmmm...Next warm-water dive, I may have to go shirtless - maybe that would be a good place to mount another D ring. :D

David

OK. I'm starting to get it. It's like the African and Borneo tribe members who put bones through their noses and little pointy things over their you-know-what and make scar decorations on their skin or those lotsa rings around their necks or like members of the Ubangi tribe putting those saucer-shaped things in their lower lip like you see on National Geographic. It's primarily for decoration purposes. Maybe a primitive thing, eh? In Bankok it was definitely for other purposes, believe me.

I have multiple piercings all over my body and none of them are affected by my diving.

OK. I'm starting to get it. It's like the African and Borneo tribe members who put bones through their noses and little pointy things over their you-know-what and make scar decorations on their skin or those lotsa rings around their necks or like members of the Ubangi tribe putting those saucer-shaped things in their lower lip like you see on National Geographic. It's primarily for decoration purposes. Maybe a primitive thing, eh? In Bankok it was definitely for other purposes, believe me.

Yes I would say that is much closer to why most people have piercings than what you suggested earlier.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom