Factory "hard" reset of Suunto (Vyper2) Computers Possible?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

esguerra1

Registered
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I'm selling my Suunto Vyper2 to my cousin and he wants to completely reset the computer as if it came from the factory - erasing all [my] previous dive history/logs. I haven't been able to find information on how to do this. Unfortunately the SDM software does not allow this capability.

Does anyone know if it's possible? ie. There must be a tiny 'clock battery' that stores all this memory much like every laptop computer has when you change batteries. Is there anyway to reset/remove this clock battery and 'hard' reset the computer as if it shipped brand new from the Factory?

tried the suunto eraser on the vyper 2, didnt work for me. keeps on getting time out errors. same errors i get trying out the jdivelog application. But SDM works fine. i tried also uninstalling the driver that came along with the SDM and installing the separate driver from the suunto site. no change.

what am i doing wrong?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom