Fail! Weekend Certify-

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Somehow I missed this thread when it first came out.

Gloria, I hope you have completed your certification. You had a pretty bad experience and based on the pictures of the Sunday conditions, I would have called the dive, too. 6 tanks and gear for two in a Mustang is difficult. My wife has a 2007 Mustang and we can do gear for two and 4 tanks, but it is crowded in there. (I have a 1967 Mustang Convertible, we don't carry gear in that car.) Assuming your story is true, and based on what I have read I think it is, I would never step into that dive shop again. The instructors seem dangerous to me based on this account. Come to Florida sometime, my wife and I will take you diving.

Is Gloria still around? I haven't seen any posts from her in a while. Perhaps she is off on another mission

Last couple of weekends here at Monterey have been gorgeous... a ton of classes passing thru and lots of new divers getting certed. I was wondering if she was one of them

Is Gloria still around? I haven't seen any posts from her in a while. Perhaps she is off on another mission

I can't blame her if she doesn't come back. Insane the way some people here dissected her story! :shocked2:

She is where she is, and there she shall remain. Nobody's fault but mine.

Care to elaborate?

A ScubaBoard Staff Message...

this harshly worded post has been edited. The essence of the post was that the OP should have taken more responsibility for her role in matters

Last edited by a moderator:
What she needed was a mentor, what she got was a very common LDS experience.

A mentor would have told her to never, ever, ever, ever discuss with a local dive shop where you bought your gear, where you plan to buy your gear, or when you plan to buy any gear in the future.

They become fascinatingly hostile, inflexible, and unfriendly if you suggest you might buy elsewhere and take it very, very personally.

What she needed was a mentor, what she got was a very common LDS experience.

A mentor would have told her to never, ever, ever, ever discuss with a local dive shop where you bought your gear, where you plan to buy your gear, or when you plan to buy any gear in the future.

They become fascinatingly hostile, inflexible, and unfriendly if you suggest you might buy elsewhere and take it very, very personally.

And when you don't have a mentor, scubaboard.com is the next best thing. Very good advice, Incubus34.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom