fall/winter diving in Chicago

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

hantzu701

Contributor
Reaction score
I'm looking to see if anyone continues to dive in the fall/winter around the Chicago area. I am just getting my dry suit cert, so I'd like to continue to dive. Unfortunately, my buddies don't have a dry suit, so they don't have any interest in going.

Anyone interested or could put me in touch with people who dive in this cold?

Thanks.

I know it isn't Chicago, quite a distance from Chicago actually, but me and several of my pals are planning a January Dive at Gilboa Quarry near Findlay, Ohio the first Saturday in January. You are certainly welcome to join us! If you look under the North America Topic List, you'll see my post about diving in Michigans Higgins Lake last Saturday. The water temp at 44 was twice as warm as the air was at 22. We had a great time anyway....

Thanks for the offer frankenmuth_tom, but Giboa seems a bit far. Who knows, I may just have to make the 4+ hour trip out there!

Hantzu

I know it's not Chicago, actually about 6 hours away in southern IL, but I know a lot of folks dive all year in Mermet Springs in Metropolis (been there, done that, got the COLD teeshirt!). Check them out at www.mermetsprings.com. The only LDS I know in the area is in Edwardsville, www.actiononedive.com.

I just got my dry suit cert... where were you thinking about diving... (BTW I'm in Evanston, IL)
Tom

hantzu701 once bubbled...
I'm looking to see if anyone continues to dive in the fall/winter around the Chicago area. I am just getting my dry suit cert, so I'd like to continue to dive. Unfortunately, my buddies don't have a dry suit, so they don't have any interest in going.

Anyone interested or could put me in touch with people who dive in this cold?

Thanks.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom