Fantasea Big-Eye G10 storage whilst not using on dive ???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

lerroy

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Hey Guys

for those of you that have a Big eye Fantasea Lense, What do you do with it whilst diving when your not shooting with it ??

i have been trying to come up with some kind of holder as its a bit annoying, switching between wide angle and macro i have to take off lense. and store it whilst shooting

Have seen the eyegrabber thingos but not avaliable for the G10 yet

anyone have some ideas hints ??

I use one of these: Deep Outdoors Belly Pocket 03031 with reviews at scuba.com - paid like $5 on sale, it's not worth the $40 price, maybe $10-15. Works fine; I attach the pocket over my harness buckle, keep the Bigeye in the front pocket with the lanyard attached to the pocket and then stow the neoprene cover in there when using lens. Stow slate in the back pocket.

So it's like having a fanny pack, which could work too.

That bungee attach system is a pita, especially when switching lens.

I've been in contact with Sharon at Fantasea.

There is supposed to be a new attachment (vs. the bungees) that is easier.

They haven't released it yet. Keep checking the website.

I think you might have mis-understood. There are now 4 bungees and a wider skirt to better hold the lens on. But they are working on an "Eye Grabber" storage holder for the lens. No idea when this is expected out.

Jack

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom