Fantasea Radiant light: Holy crap!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jak Crow

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I bought one just in time for an underwater photo competition last week and wow. This is a great light. It appears to be the same as the iTorch Video Pro5, but the Fantasea has a power button instead of twisting to turn the light on like the Pro5. The power button also has a power indicator light for battery status. It takes two protected 18650 batteries. The light output is excellent, with a 110 degree wide beam and 3 output settings. The way the light's LED head is designed reduces the size the light could be for a light using 2x 18650. The kicker is the light can be had for $200 on Leisurepro/Adorama. I highly recommend it for this price.

hi,
I'm curious, can this be installed on the hot shoe of the G15, so I don;t have to buy another arm for my camera, since I am already using an Inon strobe on my left side.

So after several dives with this light, I'm extremely pleased with it. I'm using Panasonic-based 3400mah protected 18650 batteries and I'm getting really good run time with them. I've ordered a 2nd light, again for $199. Itorch updated their Pro5 to the Pro5+, which is the same design, and their kit includes the YS mount and batteries, but it goes for over $400. You can't go wrong with the Fantasea, especially for the price.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom