Fantasy Island

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I love you Scuba-Daughter...you have been so upbeat and positive through this whole nightmare - I'm so happy to have you as an honorary member of the cajun crew :wink: :kiss2::kiss2::kiss2:

love you lots!! I have a feeling I'm going to somehow lose my Philly/Jersey accent by the end of the week with all you cajuns!!! :rofl3: :D:D

love you lots!! I have a feeling I'm going to somehow lose my Philly/Jersey accent by the end of the week with all you cajuns!!! :rofl3: :D:D

It's OK...the guys from Colorado and Tennessee will balance things out :D

It's amazing what happens when great people pull together instead of apart. We come from all over the country, but this experience has bonded us. I suspect there will be some very close relationships formed on this trip!

HI Scuba Board Friends:

I can only tell you that Fantasy Island Resort has broken my heart. You who know me know that for many years I have always been supportative of FI Resort and have always extolled its qualities. Honestly, mostly because of the people there, the Dive Shop Staff, the Boat Captains, Divemasters, the Waiters, Reception Staff, Houskeeping Ladies, Jackie and I never wanted to explore other opportunities on Roatan or go elsewhere except on an occasional basis.

Here are the "facts" as I know them to be. Months ago Jackie planned a big suprise for my 70th Birthday. Since we already had plans to go to Fantasy Island, she arranged for two of my daughters, their husbands and 4 of my grandchildren to come to Fantasy Island with us. I guess I am supposed to be a hard hearted old SOB but I can't express in words my joy and anticipation of that event. That joy and anticipation came crashing down however when Tueday morning we were told by Fantasy Island Resort that all our reservations, which they previously acknowledged and confirmed, would not be honored unless our family paid an additonal $5000.00.(Remember we are scheduled to depart Houston via Continential Airlines on April 23).

RoatanMan you are so right, we did in fact pay Fantasy Island Resort's authorized representative and they are legally obligated to honor that reservation. As a Christian I know in my heart they are not only legally obligated to honor that committment, but morally obligated as well.

My heart is so heavy because we so looked forward to a wonderful celebration in a place that was so dear to us and people that were so dear to us and now that has been taken away from us. I will post again later about the gratitude we have for the arrangements that have been made to take care of my family, but a 70 year old hard nose battle tested lawyer person shouldn't have to be sitting at a keyboard typing with tears running down his eyes, so I am closing for now.

@ Cajuncru ...I really hate to hear that FI has done this especially to someone that has been so commited to them. I know your trip will not be the same but I hope that all turns out well.
Do let us know about where you are staying when you return. Are your dives included there?

Guess you will just have to make another trip back to the Keys..!!!

All I can say is that Rich Henry and Fantasy Dive Travel have come through in a big way.... The most amazing part is that he is doing this at no additional cost to us, and my understanding is that he is doing the same for every other customer who is affected by Fantasy Island’s refusal to accommodate them.

So the $5000 that FI Resort wanted for your trip was being held by FI Travel, so then Rich at FIT redirected your payments to Media Luna... or am I missing something here?

You mention that FI Resort wanted $5,000 to make good on your reservations. Was that the entire original amount for the trip... or just where did that figure come from?

Just trying to decipher what happened here. :hm:

So the $5000 that FI Resort wanted for your trip was being held by FI Travel, so then Rich at FIT redirected your payments to Media Luna... or am I missing something here?

You mention that FI Resort wanted $5,000 to make good on your reservations. Was that the entire original amount for the trip... or just where did that figure come from?

Just trying to decipher what happened here. :hm:

What I know and can tell you for a fact is that we paid in full for all members of my family group, and five additional friends who are not family members also paid in full. This payment was made months ago, a deposit was made in November and the full balance for full payment at the published price was made in January. Despite the full balance due having been paid to the authorized representative of Fantasy Island they notified me that our reservation would not be honored unless we paid an additional $500.00 per person, which amounted to an additional $5000.00 for my immediate 10 family members. The remaining members (non-family) in our party would have also had to pay an additional $500.00 per week each to have their also fully paid reservations honored.
Hope that clears some of it up for you.

I doubt that we will see the two parties agree on where the missing funds are. Glad that Rich is making good for the customers who paid. The resort will have a hard time selling if the words gets around TripAdvisor, etc. but - if they lower the price and come up with a statement about paying the resort direct for security, people will buy.

I doubt that we will see the two parties agree on where the missing funds are. Glad that Rich is making good for the customers who paid. The resort will have a hard time selling if the words gets around TripAdvisor, etc. but - if they lower the price and come up with a statement about paying the resort direct for security, people will buy.

For their sake, I hope you are correct Dandy Don. I wish them no ill will. One thing I can guarantee...they will never see another Cajun dime :no:

For their sake, I hope you are correct Dandy Don. I wish them no ill will. One thing I can guarantee...they will never see another Cajun dime :no:
I linked this thread on FB today, mentioning that I'd like to go back - but not this year.

As fast as they change owners/operators, maybe someone who looks better will be in control next year, and I know you will miss the place.

Still, y'all have a great trip. I guess you got everyone covered in DAN, even non-diving family members of divers?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom