Fast and Easy Meals

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dive Source

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
I thought this would be a good recipe thread.

If anybody has ideas that are easy and fast for those days when you get home and say - What the heck am I going to make for dinner please pass them along.

:wave-smil

Ingrediants:

-Chicken of any kind ( bone in or out - as much as you want to cook - pork chops also work well)
-Cooking oil
-1/2 cup of White wine, fruit juice or even water
-Salt and pepper or cajun seasoning
-Bottle of your favourite salsa(chunky style is best)

Season the chicken pieces thoroughly with salt and pepper or cajun seasoning. Pick a pot or large skillet ( with Lid) that is big enough to hold your chicken pieces and put over medium high heat add oil.

Once the oil is heated up toss in the chicken and brown on all sides then remove chicken to a plate and deglaze the plan with the wine ( fruit juice or water also work and all give a slightly different flavour).

Put chicken back into the pan and pour a bunch of salsa over it cover and simmer for about 30 minutes until done turning pieces at halfway point.

Serve with steamed rice (pour some of the cooked salsa over it) and a salad or vegetable.

Dive Source:
I thought this would be a good recipe thread.

If anybody has ideas that are easy and fast for those days when you get home and say - What the heck am I going to make for dinner please pass them along.

:wave-smil

Panago Pizza. They deliver.

check out my turkey burgers in the other thread!

I have a fast dessert... it was also the dessert I had to celebrate my OW certification dives in Cozumel.

2 scoops of cold coconut ice cream
1/2 cup Kaluha poured over it
Fancy dish
Enjoy!

Stir fry. If I want fast and easy I throw on some noodles, then chop up whatever vegetables are in the fridge. Works with chicken, pork, beef, whatever. Throw some olive oil in the wok, add some chopped garlic. Cook the meat, pull it out. Cook the vegies to taste then add the meat to heat. The variations are endless, depending on personal taste. Twenty or thirty minutes and I'm eating.

Another quick and easy. Chicked breast - quantity depends on the number of persons. Put to the pyrex pur over soya souce - just to cover most of the chicken, and rosemary (fresh the best) and put to the preheated oven. Do not add any salt - soya souce is absolutly enough. It takes something like max 15 minutes to have them ready. Meantime when the chicken is in the oven you do the salad and the dinner is ready.
Mania

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom