Fat AND smoking cigarettes???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Personally, the skill level of the diver is a more important consideration - assuming we are talking recreational diving. Better fat and a smoker than poor bouyancy control and roto-tilling for me.

Does he have good diving skills?

"Diving skills"?! Are you kidding? I don't want this guy next to me on the bus, much less as a dive buddy. Sheesh.

Who cares if he smokes. I'm not fat & I quit smoking 16 mos. ago, but when I did smoke (1 to 2 pks. a day)there was very few people who could outrun me. That's distance & speed. In a 2 mile run when I was in the academy only 1 person (non smoker) finished in front of me.

how about fat smokes and is blind thats my dive buddy..

Am I the only one who hates to see this??? ...and what if this person turns out to be your dive buddy?

vs. hateful and mean?

I'll pick the one with compassion who enjoys diving. They can always quit smoking and lose weight... mean people usually stay that way.

How about blood pressure, Blood sugar and Cholesterol checks next? Maybe you need a Questionaire to make sure the people you are diving with are up to your standard.

To me Condescending and Arrogant are worse.

So would Skinny and smoking be ok? or Morbidly Obese and non-smoking?

As long as they are a good dive buddy is all that matters, and if they are a good dive buddy then they should certainly know their own limits

I didn't get fat until I gave up smoking (17 kilograms more...)

That has seriously affected my diving so in that respect I'd have been better off still smoking....although my completely screwed circulation that needed a bypass to fix would have been just as detrimental to my diving probably. Sort of...damned if you do, damned if you don't!

But OK....I'm trying.....

I'll tell you though.... losing weight for me is a problem these days (aged 56 and all...) I never had weight problems my entire life - 75 kgs on the button. Now, trying to get back there from 100kgs is really different. I can only imagine how much harder that must be for someone who had a different metabolism to me in the first place!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom