FAUI whats happened to it?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

rob

Reaction score
Does anybody know what has happend to FAUI which was the main certifying agency in Australia. Was the cmas affiliate. Has it merged with another organisation? I have an advanced cert from 10 years ago and have dived reguarly but people are now not too familar with it. How can I get an upgraded card? Where can I get a replacment card? Any email would be appreciated?

Hi Rob,

Since FAUI was a CMAS affiliate, you might want to try contacting CMAS directly. You can find the contact information for CMAS here.

They would probably be able to tell you what happened to FAUI and help you get a replacement card if you need it.

Cheers,

rob,

I was able to find the information you were looking for on FAUI ...

NASDS (FAUI)
NASDS Australia
PO BOX 42
Collinswood SA 5081
08 8342 9200

hope this helps ...

=-)

Anytime rob ...

I hope that info isnt too dated but if it is just let me know and I will see what else I can find.

=-)

rob,

What were you able to find out? Any luck tracking down FAUI?

=-)

King_Neptune:
rob,

I was able to find the information you were looking for on FAUI ...

NASDS (FAUI)
NASDS Australia
PO BOX 42
Collinswood SA 5081
08 8342 9200

hope this helps ...

=-)

I'm also trying to contact FAUI, to hopefully track down an old mate who's an instructor with FAUI last I knew......

The only Web reference to NASDS I find is a JAPANESE Scuba organization..... Is there an Aussie branch Website???

FAUI merged into NASDS, who in turn merged into SSI.

“As of May 1, 2003, the website for NASDS has been discontinued. Since SSI and NASDS merged in 1999, the need for the NASDS website has diminished, as all of the programs of SSI and NASDS have been fully merged into one company.”

Try Googling on “SSI scuba” and the country of interest.

knotical:
FAUI merged into NASDS, who in turn merged into SSI.
... which merged with NAUI, which merged with PADI. Which merged with Microsoft.

Oops, getting ahead of myself. :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom