Favorite Breakfast Spots

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I usually eat something at the surface interval at Playa Palancar beach club.
While I love the scenery there, the food and service may be the worst on the island. The guacamole is about the only thing I would order more than once. Or maybe some grilled peacock.

palancar-peacock.jpg

But if you are staying in the downtown area, there's a place next door to me that does a HUGE take out business with the locals...sandwiches are about 10 pesos and they open at 6 a.m. Close around 2 p.m. Corner of Ave 15 and Calle 9. So it's not a sit-down breakfast but man, the local traffic is CRAZY.
I've driven by that place probably 20 times over the past 3 years but never stop. It's definitely busy in the mornings, but it's a massive hike from our airbnb.

sandwich-place.jpg

I usually eat something at the surface interval at Playa Palancar beach club. But if you are staying in the downtown area, there's a place next door to me that does a HUGE take out business with the locals...sandwiches are about 10 pesos and they open at 6 a.m. Close around 2 p.m. Corner of Ave 15 and Calle 9. So it's not a sit-down breakfast but man, the local traffic is CRAZY.
I have grabbed a Torta from them on a number of occasions and they are not bad, the price depends on what you order, I think I pay $20-25 for a pollo torta. The Bodega at the marina has been upgrading his torta selection and has recently add pre-made hamburguesa's (meat patty, ham slice, quesa and cooked onions for $40MXN) that are surprisingly good. At the marina its while the supply lasts.

I have grabbed a Torta from them on a number of occasions and they are not bad, the price depends on what you order, I think I pay $20-25 for a pollo torta.
They might have put the price up. There used to be a sign that said 10 pesos/torta but that sign isn't there anymore. My cleaning lady says it is well known on the island as "the cheap sandwich place". They are pretty decent for the price...sometimes I even eat the pickled jalapeno that comes with every sandwich. The two-storey behind the store is my house. Every night I watch them load up with buns for the next day's sandwiches. They used to stay open longer when the kids were younger and could work in the store after school.

I dive with Tres Pelicanos and am staying at an AirBnB on 25 avenida between Calle 5 and Jose Maria Morelos. Is there a place somewhere between there and Tres Pelicanos, or near, that I can grab a good breakfast taco/burrito on the way to the shop in the morning. I think we have to be there by 7:30am.

I always stop at Zermatt's Bakery, Downtown, for coffee and pastries in the morning and flan in the evening.

The Pub that used to be on Calle 4 moved to the Villa Blanca Hotel (next to the hotel pool) and is open for breakfast 7 days a week.

The Pub that used to be on Calle 4 moved to the Villa Blanca Hotel (next to the hotel pool) and is open for breakfast 7 days a week.

It's called "Chalo's" now. The brothers who run the place are very personable, and Benjy's kid is beyond cuteness. We stayed at VB for our first few days this past visit to the island and we ate several meals at Chalo's. They did a fantastic job cooking the tuna we had caught just a few hours earlier - very rare, seared on one side only.

It's called "Chalo's" now. .

Nope. Chalo's closed and moved out of Villa Blanca. The Pub lost it's lease on the old Veranda building and took over the old Chalo's restaurant at Villa Blanca and has now been open three days there.

Nope. Chalo's closed and moved out of Villa Blanca. The Pub lost it's lease on the old Veranda building and took over the old Chalo's restaurant at Villa Blanca and has now been open three days there.

But apparently it (The Pub) will have a new name soon.

From The Pub’s Facebook page:

“The Pub has now moved location, there will be a new name and will be revealed soon, we are open as usual from 9am to 9pm at the restaurant area in Villablanca Hotel. Just to let everyone know that Monday's famous meatloaf will be served as usual from 4PM and with a completely different feel. Hope to see you all soon, Chris and Sharon.”

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom