Favorite Dive Phrase

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

vel525:
Hey guys,

For my girlfriend's birthday I am going to make her a custom dive t-shirt!! Kinda cheesy, but it'll be something different. Anyway, I wanted to get your input on your favorite dive phrases (i.e. - Plan the Dive, Dive the Plan). Since I have to buy a minimum number of t-shirts, I will send to the person's phrase I use a FREE t-shirt!! Thanks for your help!!

Victor

Some of my favorites...

Divers do it deeper - always fresh. The double entende is so subtle, too... Sort of like the chick who has the license plate on her Cabrolet "you should see me with my top down...." Mom would be so proud.

Dive Naked - Yeah - always a crowd pleaser. The winner who has this sticker on his tank is the guy with mudflaps on his truck that has that profile of a chrome chick sitting - you know the one with the anti-grav boobs....

Got Air? - uh, no. Actually I can't spare a square, you moron.

Got Water? - see above.

I'd rather be diving - OK. Then please leave me and go. I'd rather be diving too. In fact, I'd rather be someplace where you are not.

Warning - Diving isn't for Sissies - I just saw this one the other day. What are you, in 1950's Mayberry? Sissies? Wow. Call me that again, and I'm gonna tell....

I Go Down Deeper, Going Down, Deeper - and all that ilk. Proving the rule that the mindless will wear anything on a sticker or t-shirt, or put this kind of crapola on their car. I'm sure these guys pull the best chicks with slogons like that. Damn - why didn't I think of that earlier.

Ok - I can go on and on. The problem is, there aren't too many distinguished, funny, fresh, and creative Scuba slogons that are commercially available. Your idea of custom printing one is actually a pretty good idea. I look forward to seeing what people come up with.

My personal fav: "You won't believe what's going on down there..." Its what I find myself telling people whenever they ask me WHY I dive. A couple of people here the Dave Barry quote - which is pretty close to that.

Good luck in your search. Resist the urge to put something lame on a shirt. The 70's gone, man. There are plenty of bad T's enough already to go around!

---
Ken

Once you have picked a slogan, let us know. I'm sure some of us (me included) might want to buy a t-shirt too.

freediver:
My boyfriend spent thousands on SCUBA and all I got was this lousy t-shirt!

:rofl:

"Shut up and Dive"

or

"I got narced and all I got was this stupid helicopter ride"

hyper limits thats a good one.

Got Gas? (can be interpreted in more ways then one)

Tooth

Somewhere on SB someone posted pics of some friends diving. One guy had a tattoo on his bicep that read

"If you get bent we split your gear"

Heh.

Nate.

freediver:
My boyfriend spent thousands on SCUBA and all I got was this lousy t-shirt!

I really like this one, I would just have to change boyfriend to husband and give one to my wife. She would get a kick out of it.

I have a t-shirt that I got in England. On the front it reads:

:censored: THE HOUSEWORK

And on the back it reads:

I'M GOING DIVING

<profanity censored by Snowbear>

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom