Favorite gloves for both dexterity AND warmth?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Have you tried the Henderson Insta-Dry gloves? I can wear the 3mm here in SoCal even in the winter. They're easily as warm as most 5mm gloves I've worn, and incredibly dextrous. And if the 3mm doesn't cut it, they have a 5mm that will still be more dextrous than most, while providing great warmth. Henderson's ads pitch them to photographers for a reason.

thanks, comp. I have not looked at those. I have been wearing 3 mils and love the dexterity. Temp here is close to yours, so this may be a good solution.

I have lots of of dive gloves. Thick ~ Thin ,
You name it. Cheep to $$$
You'll think I'm nuts but think outside the box for a minute...

WhiteWater Outdoors They make hunting apperal. They have a Camoflage neoprene glove, 3mil. with a nice rubber palm texture that grips and is smooth on the face too so it feels good when you clear your ears~ fix your mask seal ect.
I bought a pair once just for the heck of it and now I wear them exclusively when the water tempreture is above 55*F
A plus is they don't seem to freak the fish too much and they will come closer to the Camera.
Oh yea ... Walmart has them for $7.00 during hunting season and only $5.00 the rest of the time.
It sounds strange but It's a nice comfortable glove... really
Besides... You won't look like one of the other clones :wink:
It's kind of a fashion statement actually ........

When it's a bit colder, say around 44*F I'll go with a pair of 7mil Henderson Titanium

CompuDude:
Have you tried the Henderson Insta-Dry gloves? I can wear the 3mm here in SoCal even in the winter. They're easily as warm as most 5mm gloves I've worn, and incredibly dextrous. And if the 3mm doesn't cut it, they have a 5mm that will still be more dextrous than most, while providing great warmth. Henderson's ads pitch them to photographers for a reason.

in wich depht's did you use them ???

CompuDude:
I've had them down to 115, but on average, no deeper than 80 for the majority of my diving.

and at thid depht you would still compare them with 5mm or did you feel does the compress in the same way as any other gloves .??

how long was the dive at depht and how cold was the water ??

I recently picked up a pair of northern diver 5mils. They are very grippy, warm and flexible.

Northern Diver

Check out the super stretches. That's what I ended up getting, of course there is a local shop here that sells them.

I normally wear 3mils but mine are getting a little ratty, couple holes in the fingers and such. Highly recommend these as they're just as flexible as most 3 mils.

christianweber:
and at thid depht you would still compare them with 5mm or did you feel does the compress in the same way as any other gloves .??

how long was the dive at depht and how cold was the water ??
I don't normally spend long periods of time as 100+ feet... the majority of my diving is in the 45-90' range. I dive in SoCal, water temps at depth are usually around 50-55 degrees F. I was comfortable.

YMMV...

I dive Monterey every week with my housed D200 camera (many small buttons) and I very much like Excel's 3mm gloves. Pleanty warm for 50 deg water and good flexability for the camera.

John

John, I also dive Monterey/Carmel every week, and use those same gloves. Great flexibility; easy to operate camera. I like them a lot.

Temp-wise, they are ok now (water temps in the low/mid 50's), but this winter our water temp will drop into the 40's and those gloves do not work for me then.

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom