Favorite Military Sayings

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

rapidiver:
"Sweepers, sweepers man your brooms..." Still rings clear after 20 yrs.(way too much sea duty!)

We got that EVERY afternoon at precisely 4p.m. at the NH Oakland Branch Clinic at NAS Moffett Field, Mt. View, CA.: "Sweepers man your brooms, Clean sweepdown fore and aft. Empty all trash over the fantail" The MAA of the clinic spent WAY too much time time at sea!

I had to explain to a newbie that they best not through the trashbag out of the upstairs solarium window or the chief would have her head!

WaterWayne:
Navy: There are three kinds of fairy tales in the world. One starts with "Once upon a time, ...". The second starts with "This is no s*t, ...". The third kind of fairy tale starts with "On my last command, ..."

The difference between a fairy tale and a sea story? A fairy tale starts with "Once upon a time...." and a sea story starts with "This is no s**t....:

DiversMom:
The difference between a fairy tale and a sea story? A fairy tale starts with "Once upon a time...." and a sea story starts with "This is no s**t....:

So there I was...

A

One of my many fav's.... "Sgt, you had best unF@%# yourself or you will push Ft. Benning to the center of the earth!" I miss my old plt sgt. :)

You can't spell lost without LT

You can't spell wimp without MP

And from Drill Sgt Belcher, 3rd plt C/35 Ft Leonardwood circa 1990;

"You eyeballing me boy? It's like ******ing another man, you know its wrong so why you doing it?"

And of course; Feet and Knees together!

divinginn:
bulkhead remover,skyhook

Navy: While on lookout duty, call in a sighting of a "gee-uwe-eleven, position angle 5" (g-u-ll, overhead) to screen for "boots". If you find such an individual on the sound-powered phone circuit, wait a while, and then report a "large henway, starboard quarter." There will be silence on the circuit as your salty shipmates wait for him to bite. Sure enough, he will ask: "What's a large henway?" The answer, of course, is "about four or five pounds." Try to get it out before convulsing with laughter.

DiversMom:
We got that EVERY afternoon at precisely 4p.m. at the NH Oakland Branch Clinic at NAS Moffett Field, Mt. View, CA.: "Sweepers man your brooms, Clean sweepdown fore and aft. Empty all trash over the fantail" The MAA of the clinic spent WAY too much time time at sea!

I had to explain to a newbie that they best not through the trashbag out of the upstairs solarium window or the chief would have her head!

I did 14 months sea time with the Marines as part of the forward deployed units in the med and middle east..... and each time my bunk was under the speaker for the 1MC. I swore that if I ever caught the bosums mate with that dang whistle, I would kill him or at least place that whistle in another part of his anatomy:wink: . Hearing them pipe in reveille and sweepers each morning is enough to drive you crazy.

Back
Top Bottom