Favorite Military Sayings

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

"There are two typs of ships in the Navy, Submarines and thier Targets"

For the Aviation types....

"There are more Airplanes on the bottom of the ocean than there are Submarines in the Sky"

Been ages since I thought of this, but in our day room back in the 70's there was a wooden plaque that read ...."Being Airborne is like being a Virgin ...you either ARE or you AREN'T. If you're NOT, no one is interested in an explanation of your unfortunate military status"

'Slogger
US Army Airborne (1968 - 1971)
1/509th PIR

For the Bubbleheads: What goes up, will come down. What goes down, doesn't have to come up.

A good all purpose one: 3 things you never want to hear: An Ensign say "In my experience.."
A commander say: "I have an idea..."
Or a Chief say: "Wanna see something neat?"

divedude1962:
For the Bubbleheads: What goes up, will come down. What goes down, doesn't have to come up.

A good all purpose one: 3 things you never want to hear: An Ensign say "In my experience.."
A commander say: "I have an idea..."
Or a Chief say: "Wanna see something neat?"

Our favorite things to do to the newbies on board the sub I was on, was to send them around the boat to all the different depts looking for "relative bearing" grease. We also would send them looking for "water slugs" to test the torpedo tube systems. Ah, good memories.
C-Dawg

I can't believe I've not seen this one yet... "If its not raining, we're not training" <shudder> And of course, the ubiquitous "Recce rules the night".

Cheers,

Todd

edit: Remembered another one that I heard a 'Naval Aviator' deliver to an Air Force pilot (chauvinism included) "Flare to land, Sit to pee"

No offence intended. Cheers.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom