Favorite obscure movie

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

1939 - "The Women". You have to see it to believe it.

More info on amazon.com here .

Thanks for the fun thread!
Scuba-sass :)

PS - Herman - you rock! I LOVED "The Gods Must Be Crazy". I wonder how much the Coca Cola Company paid for that opening scene...

GrierHPharmD:
Didn't see that one, but while looking through the DVD cabinet last night I saw The Re-animator. I loved that one and From Beyond. Great B horror films...

Re-animator is one of my favorites. Even the sequel is alot of fun. The 3rd one that just recently came out was eh, so-so. I do like From Beyond alot more than the re-animator series though. The end sequences in From Beyond crack me up every time.

I also liked the movies 3dent pointed out. Troma releases are great fun. Toxic Avenger IV: Citizen Toxie still rates up there with a true pile of trash that I can't stop laughing at.

Matt

Harold and Maude

And in the 'so bad it's funny' category, Darkstar. John Carpenter made this little stinker for $55K. I think he overspent.

And, I know that the Coens are famous now, but I was watching Raising Arizona back in the 80's and thought it was the funniest thing I'd ever seen.

"The doctor explained to us that her womb was a rocky place, where my seed could find no purchase."

"Do these balloons blow up into funny shapes and stuff?"
"Well, if you think round is funny..."

Amazingly good dialogue, and my first glimpse into Coen camerawork.

-G

Corigan:
Re-animator is one of my favorites. Even the sequel is alot of fun. The 3rd one that just recently came out was eh, so-so. I do like From Beyond alot more than the re-animator series though. The end sequences in From Beyond crack me up every time.

I also liked the movies 3dent pointed out. Troma releases are great fun. Toxic Avenger IV: Citizen Toxie still rates up there with a true pile of trash that I can't stop laughing at.

Matt

I agree. I was disappointed by the 3rd one. But in RA, the scene on the autopsy table just blew me away. (Ahhhh, Barbara Crampton. Had a few impure thoughts there...)

And I was wondering if this tread was going to wander into Tromaville. Glad to stop by. Next stop, Bollywood!

My favorite was mainstream when it first came out, but has now moved to the obscure files, I'm sure. Doctor Zhivago.

Quarrior:
My favorite was mainstream when it first came out, but has now moved to the obscure files, I'm sure. Doctor Zhivago.

I liked the guy with the train...

How I Won the War (with John Lennon)

True West (not a real movie, but a videotaped production of a Sam Shepard play)

Dead Man (Johnny Depp/Robert Mitchum)

Sorcerer (Roy Scheider drives a truckload of nitroglycerin thru the jungle)

cyklon_300:
True West (not a real movie, but a videotaped production of a Sam Shepard play)

Oh yeah, "American Buffalo" (another bad movie of a great production of a great play)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom