Favorite restaurant on Bonaire

What is your favorite restaurant on Bonaire?

• Bistro de Paris

Votes: 2 3.8%
  • BobbeJans

Votes: 7 13.5%
  • Cactus Blue

• Casablanca

Votes: 12 23.1%
  • El Fagon

• It Rains Fishes

• La Guernica

Votes: 1 1.9%
  • Mona Lisa

Votes: 4 7.7%
  • Paradise Moon

Votes: 6 11.5%
  • Pasa Bon Pizza

Votes: 9 17.3%
  • Patagonia

• Will's Tropical Grill

Votes: 5 9.6%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Maiky's Shack is the place to go for a true Bonairian local experience, and just about all your group can eat and drink for about $25 a head! We love it there and will be taking our group there again this year, probably twice!

For $25 a head you eat 2 full meals plus drinks at Maiky. A cup a goat soup, full lunch and a 16oz soda cost me about 13 dollars.

Well, after a week on the island I can tell you that our favorites were:

1. Capriccio (one dinner and our last lunch)
2. Cactus Blue (expensive!)
3. Unbelievable

We also ate at Casablanca, Blue Mekong, La Balandra (at Harbour Village)

Thanks for all of your input and advice!

Pasa Bon Pizza is @ 33.00 or so for a Large that will make it to lunch the following day... I have only had Pizza here and its good value and pretty good pizza...

We split a medium and had slices left. 3 pieces of the medium is good eating. It also isn't very expensive.

Patagonia really didn't impress me in any way. The sides, the seasoning, the meat.

At Capriccio I can get a carbonara with pancetta and some good tart parm. Sure, its not a big slab of meat, but it has 1000x the flavor of the meal I got at Patagonia.

Bistro de Paris was.... weird.

First they bring out chile popcorn to you. You are like, cool, popcorn. You order your entrees. They bring you out some bread with wayyyyyyyy too much french onion butter. A smaller amount would suffice.

The caesar salad I had was.... caesar salad. No good stinky parm shaved or grated on it (or offered). The dressing was bland as well.

The vegetarian risoto I had was tasty, but lacked... risoto. It was mostly chopped veggies.

There is an interesting filet mignon on the Bistro de Paris menu as well and maybe that's their signature dish.

Lunch at Rose Inn in Rincon on the way back from the one-way road dive sites is good, authentic, and not too expensive.

Agree about the Rose Inn. Have eaten at Bistro de Paris did have good food once but it does seem weird -- not sure i'd be back.
Personally I eat mostly at local establishments like Mi banana ,Divi Divi, Antriol Catering, El Fogon Latino, Maiky's Snack. with Divi Divi a favorite because I like the owner.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom