Favorite restaurant on Bonaire

What is your favorite restaurant on Bonaire?

• Bistro de Paris

Votes: 2 3.8%
  • BobbeJans

Votes: 7 13.5%
  • Cactus Blue

• Casablanca

Votes: 12 23.1%
  • El Fagon

• It Rains Fishes

• La Guernica

Votes: 1 1.9%
  • Mona Lisa

Votes: 4 7.7%
  • Paradise Moon

Votes: 6 11.5%
  • Pasa Bon Pizza

Votes: 9 17.3%
  • Patagonia

• Will's Tropical Grill

Votes: 5 9.6%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ouch. Does the local market stock PB&J :wink:

My buddy and I loaded up on PB&J, cold cuts, and bread for lunches + powdered drink mixes brought from home. Then, all the money we saved at lunch went into good food and wine at dinner!

:eyebrow:

For our Bonaire trips, our group brings stuff for a few dinners and snacks -- dried pasta, canned goods, spices/seasonings, powdered Gatorade, Costco jar of peanut butter, jam, granola bars, cereal, instant oatmeal, tea, etc. Once we arrive on the island, we do our foraging at the local supermarkets for perishables (bread, pastries, fruits, vegetables, milk, soft drinks, beer, cheese, meats). As has been mentioned, you have to keep an open mind and be opportunistic when it comes to buying items in the grocery stores. One day the shelves can be full, and the next they can be rather barren. Such is island life.

With regard to eating out, we had very good meals at Will's Tropical Grill and El Fagon Latino. El Fagon presented a very good value, as I recall. The goat stew at Chibi's was stringy and not so flavorful. Cactus Blue, Mona Lisa, Pasa Bon Pizza, and Patagonia were OK. On the whole, I thought the restaurant situation was over-priced for what it was. In terms of quality, I wouldn't necessarily call Bonaire a foodie destination, but that isn't the island's primary attraction anyway.

Have a great time on your trip...

I voted for Casablanca, and I wouldn't change that as my vote for favorite. We really like it, and it's also a great value wrt leftovers. We've eaten there every one of our four trips, and even went twice last time.

But the best meal we've had on Bonaire was at Unbelievable (corrected from Incredible) Restaurant. It was fairly new in 2008, and we went back in 2010. I wouldn't change my vote for favorite, but I'm surprised Unbelievable isn't even on the list.

Last edited:
I voted for Casablanca, and I wouldn't change that as my vote for favorite. We really like it, and it's also a great value wrt leftovers. We've eaten there every one of our four trips, and even went twice last time.

But the best meal we've had on Bonaire was at Incredible Restaurant. It was fairly new in 2008, and we went back in 2010. I wouldn't change my vote for favorite, but I'm surprised Incredible isn't even on the list.

I think you mean Unbelievable and it is one of our favorites too:D

I think Mi Banana is fun for local Columbian food and great desserts, homemade. It's cheap too. Love the fish and fries at Bobbijan's. I love the wine and pasta and homemade gelatto at Capriccio's. The best dining is at Yacht Club. See Caribbean Wind & Sun Vacations--Bonaire Blog for my 50th b day dinner photos. Amazing..Wil's Grill has the freshest fish and wonderful owners...Mona Lisa is top notch too..

We ate at Capriccio's just this evening... Yep, 100.00 but a very good dinner if you like Italian and maybe if you don't... :D I understand the pasta is homemade (which it should be) and my wife and I shared everything... Again, good feed! We had a couple of friends recommend it from the last trip here and I am glad my wife remembered the name....!

lee

I think you mean Unbelievable and it is one of our favorites too:D

Oops:dork2:. Yes, I meant Unbelievable, thanks.
I was typing from memory, and in a hurry. Sorry for any confusion.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom