favorite underwater character?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

raposarose

Reaction score
Just for fun, who is your favorite fictitious underwater or ocean related character? For example, such a character could be a fanastic creature, superhero, villain, mythological person or beast etc.

Mine, obviously from the avatar, is "Black Manta," Aquaman's nemesis. That was one cold villain. That character also had an interesting social dimension -- created during the Black Power 1960's this was a character who proclaimed "now you will see why I am called 'Black Manta' and when he removed his helmet he was black. He said something about if his people couldn't be free on land, at least they could below the sea. Plus, I remember watching him on the superfriends (vs. the legion of doom) and he had that cool robotic voice.

Anyone else?

Have you seen Sealab 2021? My favorite is CPT Murphy. I guess more famous would be Dr. Zoidberg from Futurama.

ditto!!! (and how!)

>C

Maybe Maritess and Black Manta both know about opression at the hands of the superfriends!

But, what's the deal with the laugh track in that cartoon, kind of disturbing...

(edit: I read the information about the piece and found out that it was performed before a live audience before the animation was done, hence the lauging. Interesting...)

Third character on the right in the movie, Finding Nemo. You know the one who inks all the time.

Nemo (the Captain, not the fish)

Darwin the dolphin, and I can't remember the title of the TV series.... age induced mental block :(

raposarose:
Just for fun, who is your favorite fictitious underwater or ocean related character? For example, such a character could be a fanastic creature, superhero, villain, mythological person or beast etc.

AquaBoy

Also know in some circles as Marine Boy.

Dude chewed Oxy-gum and whamo... he's breathing underwater. Genius. Had these cool boots that had propellers in them. He had this mini-boomerang thing he'd pull from his shoulder... very fresh.

I remember watching this as a kid... I was completely into it. Being on swimteam, I was in the water all the time - man, I wanted that gum.

Its funny, the wacky stuff that stays with you. I was reading the link... I forgot Cli Cli. He was this little mench that sort of hung out and was a pain. I remembered we called a buddy's little sister 'Cli Cli' because she was always around and in the way...

K

Flipper!!!

Back
Top Bottom