Fayetteville NC Divers

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

BradfordNC

Contributor
Reaction score
:jester:

Looking for dive buddies in NC.

I am in Fayetteville and am looking for people interested in wreck diving out of Wrightsville Beach.

Have been going to Aqua-Nut for years for gear, and for charters usualy go to Aquatic Safaris.

Have been in the ocean about 5 times so far this summer, just lookin for other people with freetime on the weekends lookin to dive.

Brad

:doctor:

I am bit too far away to coordinate as a dive buddy. But there must be a bunch of military folks out there who dive.
How long does it take you to get to the coast?

welcome to the board BradfordNC:)

since I was at Ft. Bragg, but I think that the trip to the Outer Banks was about 3 hours. Wilmington was closer, maybe 1.5 hrs. Havent dove the wrecks there but hear that it can be some truly spectacular diving. I'm sure there are some NC folks here that can give some more accurate info.

Happy Diving Brad!
:iwagima:

Wrightsville Beach is a little over 2 1/2 hours away.

problem with military is the depolyment schedules.

lately everyone has been so overworked, that when they get time off, its spent with family.

most of the guys on the dive teams are the last people interested in diving during off time.

my current dive buddy and i have basicaly the same schedule. problem is, now his wife is complainin cause he is divin all the time.

well, she told him to get a hobby hahahhahha

so, was just wonderin if there was anyone in the area lookin to dive.

I was certified our of Wrightsville Beach 30 years ago. I'm sure things have changed a little since then but back them they were making some artifical reefs (tugs, Liberty Ships, etc.) just a few miles off the beach. Also thanks to the good people from Germany, there are a few wrecks a little further out left over from 1942. Off Ft. Fisher, the good folks north of the Mason-Dixon sunk a few blockade runners. I would love to hear how thing are now since I'll be visiting home in the next year and would love to do some diving there again now that we no longer use J-valves and have such things as BC's.

well I dont live in fay but close I live about 30 miles west of fay , and allways looking for some good old diving fun

welcoe to the boards! Keep looking for that dive buddy, youll find one!

Back
Top Bottom