Feature request: Ability to save multiple computer configs

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Whitrzac

Contributor
Reaction score
I use my perdix as a backup for both of my ccrs and as a primary for oc rec dives.
Both of my ccrs use different transmitters as well as my oc rec setup.

It would be nice to be able to select profile 1/2/3 and have it change the center line and TX settings quickly.

I use my perdix as a backup for both of my ccrs and as a primary for oc rec dives.
Both of my ccrs use different transmitters as well as my oc rec setup.

It would be nice to be able to select profile 1/2/3 and have it change the center line and TX settings quickly.

This was requested a while back... actually it would be nice to be able to link to a phone and "flash" settings / profiles. There are other dive computers that do this via an app... that would be awesome.

Manipulating the settings via the dc is somewhat outdated (to me).

This was requested a while back... actually it would be nice to be able to link to a phone and "flash" settings / profiles. There are other dive computers that do this via an app... that would be awesome.

Manipulating the settings via the dc is somewhat outdated (to me).

Wherever possible, ALWAYS, build in maximal interface functionality into the device itself.

Apps are a (sometimes) necessary evil in cost-reduction, and in this case, saving/sending complete configuration profiles, would be a significant functionality enhancement that may not otherwise be possible in-device due to memory limitations. And I am all for leveraging app capabilities where it provides an optional, significantly-superior interface.

But, never, never, never, remove core functionality and make it dependent on third-party HW/SW systems. I don't want to be dragging (risking) my phone/tablet out on a launch for a dive in order to be able to change a setting, or lose a dive because my phone is out of juice. We are talking $1K devices, they should be as self-contained as possible.

Reactions: L13
But, never, never, never, remove core functionality and make it dependent on third-party HW/SW systems. I don't want to be dragging (risking) my phone/tablet out on a launch for a dive in order to be able to change a setting, or lose a dive because my phone is out of juice. We are talking $1K devices, they should be as self-contained as possible.

Miscommunication... I would never want to lose the ability to be able to manipulate the dc from the dc itself. It would just be nice if there was an optional app that could load profiles or change settings.

Edit: being able to swipe around in a phone app at the house is a lot less cumbersome than going through all the menus on the dc. I'm not saying the dc is flawed, I'm just saying the app would be more convenient.

@rob.mwpropane gotcha! - Maybe I'm over-sensitized to the post-millenials (like my son) that insist on navigating everything on a phone, despite easier/more functional alternatives.

Back
Top Bottom