Feb 10 SB dinner meeting - Los Otates. Y'all come!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DandyDon

Umbraphile
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
One kilometer high on the Texas Central Plains
# of dives
500 - 999
CajunDiva and I have been discussing meeting for dinner on our overlapping trip, and we thought we'd invite any SB members who will be there at the time, their dive ops & crews, friends of SB members, etc. Well, CajunDiva, her hubby, others from her group, Steve from 3Ps, and I will be there - along with Henry (aka Sloeber) from Salty Endeavors, and more.

6:30pm: That sounds early to some folks, but some will want to leave afterwards for Sunday evening festivities at the plaza just 4 blocks away. We also want to meet early enough to have plenty of room, as they cafe gets busy later. Show up when you can and join the party as we'll be there for a while.

Los Otates: A popular cafe on 15th Ave between Calle Dr Adolfo Rosado Salas and Calle 3 Sur with good food and drinks at reasonable prices. CASH ONLY, no credit cards, but they like US Dollars just fine. They had their exchange rate on the wall when I was there a few months ago, and it seemed reasonable enough.

I hope many of y'all will join us. I'll be the old, chubby gringo with graying hair. Wait, that describes most male tourists on the island, huh? Well, you should recognize me from my photo here, so say howdy please and tell me who you are, even if we've met before as my memory is getting worse all of the time.

Please post how many in your group below when you can so I can warn them a few days in advance. They may want to call in extra help to deal with us.

los-otates-main-entrance.jpg
filename-img-4136-1-jpg.jpg

Sounds great to me! I've got 10. A few may decide not to join in, but we'll have at least 6 or 7 in attendance for sure.

6:30 works fine for us...may even show up a few minutes early and get the party started :drunks:

Fun! But I want to know your real names :)

CajunDiva = Jackie - that would be me
CajuncruDiver = Hank - that would be my hubby
MantaMan = Steve - owner of Tres Pelicanos Dive Center...if he can still make it
I've got 7 more who are not on SB...Linda, Daniel, Rick, Kathleen, Barry, Susan, Bill. We need to all work on getting them to join our community!

Everyone else...why don't you give us your SB "handle" as well as your "real" name? Can't wait for the party. As we Cajuns say: Laissez Les Bon Temps Rouler! (LET THE GOOD TIMES ROLL!)

Loved Los Otates! Rode my bike there from my Air BnB and it was easily one of my 2 favorite places to eat, along with Taquerias El Nero. I'm jealous!

Waah! Love Los Otates. But won’t be in Coz. Please post plenty of pics to rub it in.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom