February 2016 Roll Call -Carnaval in Cozumel!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Got back from SCC on Sunday. Great people great food and great diving, I did not see any Lionfish, they have done a great job eliminating/reducing them since I was here 4 years ago. I also saw a lot of small fry around the reefs more than 4 years ago. Getting rid of the invasive Lionfish seems to be working.

I can't wait to get back,

Last edited:
Got back from SCC on Sunday. Great people great food and great diving, I did not see any Lionfish, they have done a great job eliminating/reducing them since I was here 4 years ago. I also saw a lot of small fry around the reefs more than 4 years ago. Getting rid of the invasive Lionfish seems to be working.
If you look outside the normal diving areas you'll see plenty of them. The campaign against them is working on the dive sites but if we stop they will be back.

If you look outside the normal diving areas you'll see plenty of them. The campaign against them is working on the dive sites but if we stop they will be back.

Yea, we saw and killed them almost everyday we dove beginning of the month. It would take no time at all for them to take over I think. Keep mowing the grass!!

Thanks need to be given for their efforts both past and continuing in eliminating the invasive lionfish. I was astonished by the amount of fry that I saw. I agree with both of you it must continue on, - Now back to the regularly scheduled thread. . .

Just got back yesterday. Got 7 straight days of diving in. Already looking into when I can make it back. Couple pictures from my Gopro, didn't lose it. I did forget to put an SD card in it the last day and missed the only black tip photo op I had.

Attachments

• G0065361.JPG
    G0065361.JPG
    84.7 KB · Views: 35
  • G0105407.JPG
    G0105407.JPG
    138.5 KB · Views: 33
https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom