"Felt" bikes...anybody know anything?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Part of riding safely with traffic is committing to the idea that you are PART of traffic

wow...I am finding that really tough.

Traffic patterns are brand new again. Those motorized mopeds in the bike lanes are upsetting me. It is too noisy where I ride to hear them. Wind, traffic....zoom..it's crazy.

Nice site.

catherine96821:
great help.

I think maybe part of the handlebars doesn't fit me right. If I place my hands on the shifters, too much weight feels like it is resting on the tender spot between your thumb "crotch" between your index and thumb base.

Yes, need to check the stem. Because the seat some say might be a tad low. Something is funky with the weight on my thumb. Doesn't feel like the right spot for a pressure point. I need to get pedal clips. I just wanted to start off being able to jump off because the traffic sort of pyches me out. But, I am loving it.

Interesting, biking was a huge sport of mine. Somehow the 3 hour commute, and living in the CO mountains have eliminate the time I have for it, but I used to ride sometimes 150 miles a weekend or more. I was a bit *lighter*, younger, and more in shape in those days.

There is a lot of tuning you can do to a bike to make it fit better. You should NOT be gripping, or resting on the handlebars so hard or tight that you get blisters. Sounds like you are not balanced, and maybe the bars are too low. When you are sitting on the bike seat with the petal at the bottom most position your leg should be slightly bent at the knee. Too bent, and you don't get good... ummm strokage. Too straight, and you are putting stress on the knee.

If you know of a good shop with a good mechanic, you can go in and get your bike *fit*. This can cost some bucks if they recommend things like new stem, new Crank Arms, new seat post, yadayada. But it might be worth the time just to see what they are saying even if you don't decide to upgrade everything.

OTOH, they may just raise the seat, raise the stem height, and recommend some different gloves, and charge you a nominal fee that may make a big difference! I think back in the day they had a thing called a *fit-kit* that basically adjusted as you sat on it, and measured everything. There is a lot more to a bike frame, and components that most would think.

Glad you are enjoying biking, I need to get back into it more. I mtn bike some, but my road bike just collects dust! :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom