Ferry Tickets

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Going to take excursion to swim with whale sharks on our next trip.

Meeting up with operator in PDC. 0545 ferry... zzz

Is it best to purchase ferry tickets now at home over internet or is it the same purchasing at the ferry?
Buy them at the ferry and don't buy a round trip ticket.

Buy them at the ferry and don't buy a round trip ticket.

That will be the consensus answer or pretty darned close.

Ditto to the above - do not buy in advance and do not buy round trip

Not necessary
No savings
Could cause you delays if the ferry line you've purchased for isn't running that hour on that day - schedules change frequently and without much notice - there's always one running, you just don't know which one.

Justa arrive 10-15 minutes early and buy your ticket for the boat that is running

Christi, Can you tell me why all three ferries are running on the same schedule now and not staggering their departure times? Also in the past we have paid about $12 one way. This year we have paid as little as $2.50 US. I'm not complaining about the price...I'm loving it. Just curious whats going on.

Christi, Can you tell me why all three ferries are running on the same schedule now and not staggering their departure times? Also in the past we have paid about $12 one way. This year we have paid as little as $2.50 US. I'm not complaining about the price...I'm loving it. Just curious whats going on.

Have no idea how you got that price / locals don't even get that low of a price.

Like I said above, the ferry schedules change frequently. Sometimes the schedules are staggered except when they're not. Sometimes all boats are running on the hour except when they're not. They do run more frequently at peak times and season - depending how busy tourist traffic is back and forth.

The only real consistent thing is change.

I read in the news that when the departures were staggered it was viewed as the two companies colluding with each other to keep the fare prices noncompetitive. If they both leave at the same time they are viewed as competing with each other.

This year we have paid as little as $2.50 US. I'm not complaining about the price...I'm loving it. Just curious whats going on.

Sounds like you were charged the INAPAM (senior citizen) rate by mistake. To get this rate, you are supposed to show your INAPAM ID card issued by the Mexican government. Some of the ferries have a INAPAM discounted price of 50 pesos, one way. Others have a local discount of 60 pesos one way.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom