FIBR - 3/27 to 4/3

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

becndov

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hi all! My name is Brian. My fiancee Becky and I are going to Roatan on March 27th and staying at Fantasy Island until April 3rd. I joined the board a little over a month ago and did a post but it was on the general forum before I figured out this is where I needed to be. I have enjoyed reading all your posts and have gleaned oodles of useful information for our trip. This will be our first trip to Roatan but we have wanted to go for several years now. Previously we traveled to Cayman Brac, Aruba, the Bahamas, Curacao, and I went to Bonaire before meeting Becky. A few questions for everyone. Of course we are primarily going there for scuba diving but we have other interests as well. We would like to go zip lining while in Roatan. Does anyone have recommendations for which company to go through? We are birders as well and would be interested in any areas for observing the creatures that fly as well as swim! About Fantasy Island, I thought I saw somewhere that the rooms do not have safes or lock boxes for valuables in them. Is this true? Is so, how do you keep cash, passports, etc. secure? I'm sure I had other questions but we'll go with these for now. 22 days and counting! Hope to see some of your there!

Brian

Hi Brian,

I'm sure y'all will have a great time. My wife and I are going in June and I can't wait! There are lockboxes you can use in a little room just off the lobby--i think its like $10 deposit on the key, which you get back when you turn it in.

Doug

Thank you. One less thing I have to buy and take along! Have a great trip.

Hi, I just got back from FIBR last week:

Ziplines:
There are a a couple different zipline outfits that FI will refer you to - one is the Pirates Extreme which is right down the road from them. They have two different options (the extreme is about $70). There is also the south shore zipline that is about $60 and that includes transportation and shopping in West End as well. I've done the Extreme a couple years ago. I think it was 8 lines - the first of which is very high and very long. The price seemed reasonable at the time. The activities person at FI can give you info on both places. If you want to go into West End during your trip then the south shore zipline may be a better way to go. (I did some other zip line a couple years ago - it may have been that one, I'm not sure).

Valuables - I have more valuable dive gear than anything else I took with me. I left my laptop in my room as well as my passport, etc. This was my 3rd trip there and never any problems with security. As posted, they do have boxes at the front desk available so you are set that way.

Can't help with the birding, but I bet someone on the island can help you out with that one.

Feel free to post any other questions. I've been to FIBR 3 times and others here on SB have been there more often so we'll help as we can.

Awesome! We are excited to try the zip lines as we have not done that before. Thanks for all the advice.

Hi, I just got back from FIBR last week:

Ziplines:
There are a a couple different zipline outfits that FI will refer you to - one is the Pirates Extreme which is right down the road from them. They have two different options (the extreme is about $70). There is also the south shore zipline that is about $60 and that includes transportation and shopping in West End as well. I've done the Extreme a couple years ago. I think it was 8 lines - the first of which is very high and very long. The price seemed reasonable at the time. The activities person at FI can give you info on both places. If you want to go into West End during your trip then the south shore zipline may be a better way to go. (I did some other zip line a couple years ago - it may have been that one, I'm not sure).

Valuables - I have more valuable dive gear than anything else I took with me. I left my laptop in my room as well as my passport, etc. This was my 3rd trip there and never any problems with security. As posted, they do have boxes at the front desk available so you are set that way.

Can't help with the birding, but I bet someone on the island can help you out with that one.

Feel free to post any other questions. I've been to FIBR 3 times and others here on SB have been there more often so we'll help as we can.

Thanks for the zipline info, we want to try it when we are there in two weeks.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom