Field stripping gear?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I draw the line at 1st stage rebuilding on the boat or tailgate of a pickup.. I do bring kits, hoses and o-rings... Plus spare 1st & 2nd stages... The more you bring the less you need... If you forget a o-ring, that's the one you need.,..

Jim...

first field stripping is a term used in the military for 'preventive maintenance " not an emergency repair 2 completely different things ..if you are doing an annual rebuild in the field you are a morron .. now if your reg fails that's a different thing all together . taking apart gear in the field for 'fun ' is asking for trouble .

first field stripping is a term used in the military for 'preventive maintenance " not an emergency repair

Hey, I'm an ex-squid, what do I know about field stripping (skinny dipping aside)? I tend to be "if it ain't broke don't fix it kind of guy". :facepalm:

Well, at the other end of the spectrum, Buddy and I were at local quarry and he had forgot his regs. Owner lived on site. Buddy went to owner, who went into a scuba shop that had been closed for a couple of years and handed him a reg. He hooked up reg to his tank and tried to breath the reg. No joy. Looked inside and it was full of old mud dauber nests. Shook it a few times and out came a bit of dirt and a couple of dead insects. Still no joy. Took a screwdriver (our only tool other than a large wrench) and jammed it in a few times and shook out bigger chunks of mud and dead bugs. Repeated until finally when no more large chunks came out we ran water through it until the dark red brown water turned clear. Reg then breathed ok. We did a couple of nice leisurely hour long dives.

Will say he kept closer to me, at least for a while, then we usually did when diving together. :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom