Fiesta Americana Closed for Renovation

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jbjclj

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
FYI

Just tried to book Fiesta Americana for sometime in May and found that they are closed for renovation May 1 2013-Feb 28 2014.

That is a lengthy closure.

Why would an operator close to renovate during the high-season? Weird. I guess their economy is better than everyone else's :D

R..

A new buyer, intent on a new direction?

We enjoyed FA but it was a bit worn around the edges, and I can see how new investors might be looking to upgrade, so they can charge more.
Maybe the new owner (if that's what's going on) will paint it a different color. It always looks like it's blistering hot to me.

Wow! Full renovation! it'll be interesting to see what comes out of it.

We stayed there in February and had a good time. I was happy with the place. We were pretty friendly with one of the waiters and he told us he was headed home in a couple of months. He has a family on the mainland and had worked at FA for 8 years. I just figured he had saved his money and was going home, maybe he knew it was coming. If not, lucky timing!

Thats good news! The full renovation the Park Royal got was a MAJOR improvement, can't wait to see how the FA turns out. I have always wanted to stay there, but it has been looking long in tooth. Can't wait to see how it turns out!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom