fiesta americana coz 4-22 4-27

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

were headed to coz for the 5th time staying at the fiesta americana diving with dive house.. cant wait. anyone else going to bee there that week?:mooner:

Meterman I am going to take the liberty of adding you to the April in Cozumel thread list.

Gaffer

oh i didnt even see that... WHERE IS THAT?

Its in the Cozumel forum that your post is in. Just look for April in Cozumel and you will find the list of those who are visiting coz in april with dates, hotels and dive ops listed next to posters id's.

Gaffer

Hey, I will stay at Fiesta in the first week of May. I booked hotel and flight through orbitz and I am wondering now how to book scuba diving as it was not an option through orbitz. Ususally you can get several day dive packages but the Dive House doesn't seem to offer those. Is it necessary to do a reservation for the week to get a free spot on a boat or can you do a day to day decisison. Also about whether you do 1 or 2 two tank dives? I couldn't get a satisfying reply from dive house, they just repeated what is written in their webpage - wasn't very helpful :-(
Any suggestions? Would be highly appreciated :)
Thanks

Greetings, FA is one of my favorites. Happy, Happy, Joy, Joy!

my suggestion is to book your diving directly with the operator, in advance. I've seen too many folks without revs trying to get on a boat in the mornings.

most all the dive ops will pick you up at FA's dock.

are you familiar with the various dive ops on the island?

if not, and want my 2 cents.......

seaflea

Sure, I take any advice I can get, it's my first time in Coz... I thought dive house would be the most convinient - so what do you know :) ???

Similan

I think it comes down to what kind of boat you want and how many divers with you. the basic dbl tank AM dive Dive House and Dive Paradise offer is on a large, slow boat with maybe a dozen or more divers on it. look for a 30 min ride to the southern sites, an overall longer time beginning to end.

if you go with a smaller outfit, like Dive with Martin, Papa Hogs, Scuba Du, Blue Angel, ect (too many to mention) you will be on a smaller, faster boat with maybe 6 divers at most. faster to the sites and less time overall.

you can get the "six pak boats" with DH or DP at a premium cost.

for some the big slow boats are better. those susceptible to motion sickness, those on "island time". its a slower pace but if time isn't a big deal.........

i like the smaller boats for the above reasons.

i've been diving with both DH and DP, several trips. I had good dives with both and enjoyed myself. Being your first trip, go with DH. You'll have more time to get "in sync" with Coz diving and meet some good folks. See what the big boat is like then next time you can try a smaller boat.

you'll like the Fiesta Amer.. Its my favorite place to stay.

any other ???, just ask.

SeaFlea

Back
Top Bottom