Fiesta Americana

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

We stayed at the Fiesta last May, after the renovations, and the place is terrific. 3 formal restaurants, the beach club, a snack bar and a "clam shack" at the north end of the beach. They rotate the opening hours of the formal restaurants, usually 2 of the 3 are open each night.
Staff was superb.
If you stay in the main hotel, try to get a high floor for the view. They have redesigned the back of the property, making it into a kind of mini resort. It's quieter(less kids) and has an adventure/activity program.
Pick up at the pier with any op is no problem.
Planning to go back in April.

I carefully edited my previous post, touched the screen the wrong way and lost the whole thing. Let me add:
The Fiesta is not a divers resort. As of last May, there was no op onsite. (That might have changed)
I had no problem getting picked up at the pier. However with no op, there is no infrastructure or support which does complicate logistics. There is a dunk tank but it wasn't filled. The water worked so I could rinse my gear, but not ideal.
I had a discussion with a manager onsite, and very honestly he told me that the demographic changes have led them to deemphasize diving. Looking at the ages of the divers at the resort, I can understand.
Going further, I think the proportion of diver/non diver visitors to Coz has substantially shifted since 1999 when I first visited. Back then, I stayed at hotel Cozumel, and I would guess that divers were 50% of the guests. Last trip, I would be surprised if there were 20% active divers. If anyone has any stats, fell free to correct me.
The Fiesta is a great fit for me and my non-diving spouse. She really enjoys it for the part of the day when I'm on the dive boat, with a lot of people and activity around the pool. The AI is very cost effective, with very good food and pays for itself even when we go into town for a lunch or dinner.
The place is terrific, but if you're going to Coz to live and breathe diving and divers 24 hours a day, this might not be your place.

Has anybody been to Fiesta Americana in Coz since they did the Renos? My wife and I stayed there pre renos and it was awesome then.
My son (15) and I spent a week there in late 2014, and it was great! We dove with Aldora, and their pick up was right at our doc....very nice! Especailly nice, since the wonderful breakfast buffet is in a palapa on the beach, where you can watch your dive boat come in, casually leave your table and stroll to the boat in sixty seconds!

The resort itself was wonderful. Never felt like an AI was bilking us on the food quality, either. Very good variety. Reccommend scooters or a car, as taxi rides start adding up at $20 round trip..... Have a blast!

Theres a dive op onsite now. Recent TA reviews are stating so.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom