Fiji - Bamboo Beach Resort

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Tell me how far along is the construction at Bamboo Beach Resort. We leave for 15 nights on April 24. This concerns me due to the enormous expense this trip is costing. I DO NOT want to be around construction. You can't be underwater all day long. What was water temp? What mil welsuit did you use?

CaribQueen:
Tell me how far along is the construction at Bamboo Beach Resort. We leave for 15 nights on April 24. This concerns me due to the enormous expense this trip is costing. I DO NOT want to be around construction. You can't be underwater all day long. What was water temp? What mil welsuit did you use?

I just got back from Bamboo Beach on Saturday (March 20). All major construction was complete when I left. There was, however, some detailing that needed to be completed. The water was 83F below surface. I still used a 3mm shorty. These were my first dives so of course I was amazed at every dive.

The highlights of Bamboo Beach were the food quality, the dive staff, and the wait staff. Especially the wait staff - they are the sweetest people on earth.

Yay! Looking forward to it - the construction feedback was a real worry.

What dives did you do - fringing reef, or Bligh Water? Did you do the wreck? At the moment we have 10 dives each booked on the reefs, but are thinking of upgrading a couple to go out to the Bligh Water if they can make it. We're also planning on a shore dive or two to get trim sorted out and some new gear familiarisation, couple of airshare drills etc - need to talk to Dan or someone at the dive op to see if shore diving is available.

Scubaroo:
Yay! Looking forward to it - the construction feedback was a real worry.

What dives did you do - fringing reef, or Bligh Water? Did you do the wreck? At the moment we have 10 dives each booked on the reefs, but are thinking of upgrading a couple to go out to the Bligh Water if they can make it. We're also planning on a shore dive or two to get trim sorted out and some new gear familiarisation, couple of airshare drills etc - need to talk to Dan or someone at the dive op to see if shore diving is available.
Do the Bligh water dives. The fringing reefs are okay, but the Bligh Water reefs are pristine.

If 'Bella' is the 'Bella' I think she is, her views are pretty consistent with the others who went. The trip organizer is returning to Fiji in a few months, but it will be back to MBR.

Re: Bamboo Beach. I did my check-out dive from the shore. It was pretty murky with a lot of dead coral. After the check-out, no more shore for me (actually it's off the end of a jetty). But you will be allowed shore dives, they'll hook you up with all the air you need for two afternoon shore dives.

As far as Bligh Waters vs. Fringing Coral: I haven't the slightest idea where I was diving, it was all great! I've been in contact with one of the staff since my departure, she worked at both resorts (MBR and BB). The feeling I get is that BB will someday be superior to MBR.

Thanks - we want to do a shore dive or two before jumping on the boat - more interested in having an opportunity to get some check dives in rather than tour dives.

Hi, has anyone dove wit Kaviti divers?

Hola

I'm new at the forum and i'm looking for the same info as you.
I'll go to Fiji Aggressor first week of october and after that i'm thinking to spend 1 week at Bamboo and 1 week at Moody Namena.
I already booked at Namena but due to the lack of information about Bamboo i'm still not 100% sure. I learned that the diving is excellent with former Crystal Divers but ,same as you, i would like to know more about the surface time at the resort . I will go with my girlfriend that is a novice diver (different than me , a bottom time+u/w photo maniac) so i'm not sure if she will have activities to do there besides diving.

Please if you have any useful info , let me know . I'll appreciate your help.

Hasta la vista

Elbuzo

Back
Top Bottom