Fiji diving in November?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Blethrow

Reaction score
Hello all,

I've been trying to plan a trip to Fiji and due to a number of constraints, my time frame keeps getting pushed back. So, is November too late to go in terms of the climate being conducive to good diving? I know the rainfall begins to increase rather significantly through November, but does anyone have experience with diving there at that time? If it's relevant, I was planning to dive on Kadavu, Tavewa (going for the beaches) and Taveuni.

Thanks,

Justin

I did Fiji 3 years ago in November - while there was a thunderstorm every afternoon, you still had all morning and most of the day to get out and about. Morning boats were out and back before storms brewed.

Did my Discover Scuba there actually!

Hi Ben,

Thanks for the information. How was the visibility? Also, can you tell me where you were diving?

Justin

Vis was 60 odd feet I think. Not sure of the reef - it was a tourist reef that had been trashed. We stayed at a mainland resort - NOT the way to see Fiji. Go to one of the islands!

But weather and visibility was not an issue.

I'd pass on Taveuni. I was there this summer. The reefs were in poor shape. I cut my stay there short and returned to the main island to dive more with Crystal Divers. Their reefs were spectacular.

Blethrow once bubbled...
Hello all,

I've been trying to plan a trip to Fiji and due to a number of constraints, my time frame keeps getting pushed back. So, is November too late to go in terms of the climate being conducive to good diving? I know the rainfall begins to increase rather significantly through November, but does anyone have experience with diving there at that time? If it's relevant, I was planning to dive on Kadavu, Tavewa (going for the beaches) and Taveuni.

Thanks,

Justin

I'll ditto reubencahn on Crystal Divers.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom