Fiji or Tahiti or Vanuatu (March/April)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

almitywife:
hi Jen

personally i found fiji diving a dissappointment. it was overpriced and dive operators didnt dive on days i had booked (boat problem, staff didnt show up) so we had alot of days of non diving.

vanautu is a fav of mine... can i suggest you go to Santo to dive the coolidge and then either a few days in Vila to dive either Hideaway Island or Tranquility Resort (very eco basic but fun and remote).

Santo - look at Bokissa Resort if you want nice or Deco Stop if you want comfortable. there is plenty of diving avail so once yourve had your fill of The Lady (coolidge) you have lots of other choices

otherwise... Niue, also in the sth pacific... its part of new zealand technically but a very small island (you can bike around it)

cheers

How about the non-diving stuff in Fiji...is it any good?

we were stuck (literally stuck) in nadi so i wouldnt say there was alot to do

i think once you head down the coast a bit it is much better.

fiji just didnt work out for us (hence the big insurance payout) but im sure thousand enjoy it each week

i hope you have a much better time

I thought the diving in Fiji was outstanding. You have to get to the outer islands to get it , though. The diving off of Viti levu was allright for a warm up. no comparison to the diving we did in kandavu. I have yet to equal it....

Which outer Island? I think if you research this site, you will find that there are some spots in fiji that are world class. It is very dpendent on where you go. we found this out as we dove both types of spots.
Kandavu is amazing. We dove with dive Kandavu, they were great. we did a dive called Cabbage patch that was the healthiest most colorful reef we have ever seen. Tons of big stuff and even more little stuff.
sorry it didn't work out for you, I know how that goes. Might want to gove it another chance. Especially since it is pretty close for you.
Although i could be totally wrong, seeing where you are from (almitywife) you have world class stuff right there at home.....

dashark:
......, seeing where you are from (almitywife) you have world class stuff right there at home.....

:D it is tough down here but as we've just put deposit down for East Timor i think we can manage :D

The diving in Rangiroa and Fakarava is GREAT - large schools of fish, sharks, big silver tip sharks, dolphin, ...

Martha:
I'm looking forward to your trip report. Are you going on the Nai'a liveaboard?

No liveaboard yet...I hope one is in the near future though!! We will be staying at Garden Island for one week and at The Pearl for five days. We are doing all of our diving with Aqua-Trek.

I'm beginning the countdown!!!!

Jennifer

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom