Film **** Goes Digital (Question Canon A70 vs Kodak DX6340)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

TheAvatar

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
OK... so I'm going to buy my first digitoy... I decided on a 3MP toy camera for point and shooting. So does anyone have any opinions on the Canon A70 vs the Kodak DX6340?

I assume that you've read reviews etc and are looking for underwater specific pros and cons of the two cameras. I nearly bought the A70 myself - I would choose it over the Kodak since (a) it definitely has a housing readily available from Canon at not too high a cost.
(b) it uses four AA batteries, and the Kodak uses only two. The battery life of the A70 is pretty high, and the less that you have to take it in and out of the housing the better.

I ended up buying the Olympus c4000 in the end, but the PT-010 housing for that is no longer easily available. Buy an Olympus c5060. You know you want to. Olympus rules.

Just my poorly researched 2c,

Dave

i was thinking mostly above water outdoor use with the underwater option.

The problem I have with the A70 is its only 3X lens and its difficult to operate controls, especially if I were trying to do it with gloves on.

TheAvatar once bubbled...
i was thinking mostly above water outdoor use with the underwater option.

It may take a more in depth search, but www.digideep.com says "At the moment there is no housing available for this camera. But you can click here to register and receive an email as soon as we know about an underwater housing for the DX6340 camera."

I think this may limit your choices.

Marc

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom