Filmmaker Rob Stewart dies off Alligator Reef

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I've read he surfaced with his dive buddy, but after his dive buddy was brought on board he then disappeared from sight. It didn't sound reasuring, hopefully he's found.

I think that we will find that this is yet another thread about rebreathers and the folks who dive them. 2 down on the same dive?

Since its been mentioned that one passed out after being on the boat, I think it is safe to say that their issue probably is more medical/dcs related then rebreather related.

Since its been mentioned that one passed out after being on the boat, I think it is safe to say that their issue probably is more medical/dcs related then rebreather related.

Really? Please explain the basis of your assumption.

I would think not medical if both guys passed out. I was thinking maybe some bad gas?

Really? Please explain the basis of your assumption.
If you aren't breathing on the rebreather (as would be the case when your physically on a boat), the rebreather at that point can't kill you.

If you aren't breathing on the rebreather (as would be the case when your physically on a boat), the rebreather at that point can't kill you.
it can certainly be causative. regardless, not enough info to speculate on the problem that lead both divers to surface in distress and the one to pass out when brought on the boat and the other to slip back underwater(on purpose or not)

I wonder how bad gas (thinking CO here) would affect a ccr diver on a flat profile dive. Theoretically, there would be minimal dil added to the loop, therefore a limited amount of CO, probably all absorbed eventually and bound to hemoglobin. Would that minimal (in terms of volume, not dose) amount be enough to kill a diver?

I wonder how bad gas (thinking CO here) would affect a ccr diver on a flat profile dive. Theoretically, there would be minimal dil added to the loop, therefore a limited amount of CO, probably all absorbed eventually and bound to hemoglobin. Would that minimal (in terms of volume, not dose) amount be enough to kill a diver?
CO in the loop would be very, very bad.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom