Fin advice for women

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

PaloPinto

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
OMS slipstream fins are my go to, my sister recently got OW cert. and I was disappointed to find out OMS does not make the slipstreams in a size small enough for her, she wears a women's size 7. does any one have any fin recommendations that are paddle style, light weight like Slipstreams and are made in smaller sizes ?

thank!

get slipstreams but instead of booties, use neoprene socks with drysuit overboots to help her get up into small size. Deep6 is going to have a much more ergonomic fin pocket on their fins, so may be worth emailing chris and ask him when the small sizes are due in.

Jetfins come in medium (which should fit a women's 7). I'm a women's 7.5 and the large jetfins are too big in the foot pocket with a 3mm soft sole boot. (This was expected; I am currently awaiting a pair of chuck taylors to try them with).

Hollis new lighter f1 fin (in grey) is supposed to come out in a smaller size, but i have no idea when they will be released. Hollis' "regular" sized F1s fit me when I am diving drysuit with DUI turbo tec boots (the ones with the kevlar sections).

Or do the chuck taylor/drysuit boots over neoprene sock method if you find a pair of fins you love but don't have the shoes/boots to go with it.

A lot of other paddle-type (i.e., non-split) fins come in smaller sizes, like the quattro or cressi frog fins.

I think Lynn used to like these -- Dive Rite XTs. I like my Slipstreams a little better, but the DiveRite fins aren't bad. They're much lighter in the water than Jet Fins or the regular F1s.

I'm a 6.5 men's. I think DiveRite XTs in small will work, jet fins in large (medium is tiny). Mares Quattros in xtra small and aeries accels in XS should also fit. I've used all the above with a 5mm wet suit boot. Mares Turbo plana in medium if you can get them state side are also a very nice fin for small feet.

I wear a women's 6 to 6.5. I use a thick-soled dive boot for comfort and to help fill out the fin pocket. I have the Mares Quattro in small and the Dive Rite XT in medium. The DR are a tad too big in my wetsuit but they are more for when I use my drysuit. I have been told that the DR medium's perform better then the DR small. I don't know physics enough to know if this is true.

I own both Medium and small, I find the small more maneuverable but the mediums, which are considerably larger, are not surprisingly more powerful but obviously require more leg strength to move.

(Lisa, I sold the whole rig as a complete package, now suffering sellers remorse)

I own both Medium and small, I find the small more maneuverable but the mediums, which are considerably larger, are not surprisingly more powerful but obviously require more leg strength to move.

(Lisa, I sold the whole rig as a complete package, now suffering sellers remorse)
Now wishing I hadn't been talked into the mediums.

(I had already planned to sell it back to you when you changed your mind if I had the chance to buy it :()

Hollis new lighter f1 fin (in grey) is supposed to come out in a smaller size, but i have no idea when they will be released.

I got a note from Hollis saying they'll be shipping mid-January.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom