Fin Questions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Asheron

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hello,

I am looking at buying a set of the Eddy Fins and have some questions about bouyancy and sizing. Currently I am using Hollis F1's and they are way to negatively bouyant for a 7mm wetsuit and recreational dive gear. How does the Eddy fin compare in bouyancy?

For sizing, I have the Hollis F1 in regular which is too big and have checked out Scubapro Jet X-Larges that are also too big. I wear a size 7 boot with a soft sole. What size would you recommend?

Thanks

PS: I tried submitting this question on your site but got a "field must be filled out" error when I tried to submit. I'm using an android device.

The Eddy Fins are very close to being neutrally buoyant. My L Orange Fins sink in fresh water like a feather falling in the air and are barely positively buoyant in water. By barely, I mean it takes a good while for them to go up a foot in the water column.

Sizing is all dependent on how you like your fins to fit. If you like snug (but not overbearingly tight), I would go with S/M. You could go Large, but the foot pocket will be a bit big / loose on you.

Best,
Bill

@Asheron, I was in your same position a few weeks ago (diving F-1's)... My trim was off, I was foot heavy. I don't like buying equipment to fix an issue, but I had some good luck with @The Chairman (he had the same size I needed, and we were both in Roatan). He was nice enough to let me use his fins and I fell in love with the Deep6's Eddy Fins.

The Deep6 fins are much lighter, and more buoyant. The foot pocket is also larger when compared to the F-1's.

All and all I love the Deep6 Fins, they're my go-to fins...

Attachments

• G1230638.JPG
    G1230638.JPG
    81 KB · Views: 103
He was nice enough to let me use his fins
Is THAT what happened to my fins? :D :D :D Glad you liked them. Have fun!

Back
Top Bottom