Fin suggestions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Pajjpen

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hey, Im looking into a pair of new fins, I only dive when im on vacation so a couple of times a year so something that is pretty affordable but still good.
Its hard to say how the currents are going to be, which makes it hard for me to decide on what fins to get. Any suggestions?

Not a lot to go on, so here's a safe bet: Avanti Quattro + - Open Heel - Mares
Yeah, I wish I had more to go on myself, but I dont as it all varies depending on where i go, but I guess something for any condition the sea could throw at me (usually mild currents tho)
Ill check the ones you linked out.

I just bought a set of these for my Blackbeards trip (I wanted fins that would fit in a carry-on) and loved them!

AERIS : Accel Fin
I liked them so much, I may go back an buy a second set with a footpocket large enough to use with my dive-boots when diving locally

The Avanti Quattro plus is a nice fin, it's light, fairly powerful and comes with bungees, only slight down side they're quite long, although fit in my suit case. The Accel is a nice travel, small, very light and surprisingly powerful for its size. The Hollis F2 is another good travel fin, very robust, small and light only caveat is the foot pockets are pretty big so try on at least first. They would be my recommendations for travel fins. The Quattros are probably the best all round fin of the three especially if you encounter currents. Good luck with your search.

---------- Post added March 8th, 2015 at 10:06 AM ----------

The Avanti Quattro plus is a nice fin, it's light, fairly powerful and comes with bungees, only slight down side they're quite long, although fit in my suit case. The Accel is a nice travel, small, very light and surprisingly powerful for its size. The Hollis F2 is another good travel fin, very robust, small and light only caveat is the foot pockets are pretty big so try on at least first. They would be my recommendations for travel fins. The Quattros are probably the best all round fin of the three especially if you encounter currents. Good luck with your search.

---------- Post added March 8th, 2015 at 10:07 AM ----------

I don't stutter, honest.

I just bought a set of these for my Blackbeards trip (I wanted fins that would fit in a carry-on) and loved them!

AERIS : Accel Fin
I liked them so much, I may go back an buy a second set with a footpocket large enough to use with my dive-boots when diving locally
These actaully look really good. Cant seem to find a local dive shop that has them tho, as id need to try them out with booties on. Shame.

AERIS : 404 Page Not Found

Buying without trying on is always a risk, I've been caught a couple of times. Hopefully someone who has the same size feet as you and owns the Accels can chime in. The foot pockets are relatively spacious. Try and PM Nemrod here on SB he owns the Accels and I think has same size feet.

Aries Accel is the best, IMO, travel fin. If you can do with the extra bulk then the Mares Avanti Quattro types are an excellent choice.

I wear a 10.5 in Sperry Topsider, 11 in Nike or NB. I use a Regular size in the Accel and Mares, XL in the SP Jet and I wear the same boot in both, a 3 mm with a light sole. I would not describe the fit on any of these fins as tight but acceptable. If that helps.

N

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom