FINALLY!!! A VACATION!!! OMG!!! Going for 15 days, staying at Sabor. AAAH!!!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Christi hate to disagree with you but when I look at the condo prices they have off season starting from the 3rd week in Apr to mid May. This is from VRBO and a few other web sits. This is why I book this time of year.

Christi hate to disagree with you but when I look at the condo prices they have off season starting from the 3rd week in Apr to mid May. This is from VRBO and a few other web sits. This is why I book this time of year.
Like I said, there are no absolutes. I think every place of lodging sets its own high and low seasons based on its own bookings.

If you want an upgrade, go the honest route and ask for one at check-in - maybe they will give you a better price - but trying to "tip" the front desk (for $20 is dishonest, insulting, tacky and it just won't work here - and will make you look like an "Ugly Arrogant American." - just sayin!

You are right, people should not tip the staff at all, we don't want to insult their professionalism and imply some favoritism by expecting some preferential treatment. By god, dedication these people put forward is a reward in itself. There is nothing more honest than a charitable day at work.

PS: I don't see anything wrong with being ugly and arrogant as an American, I mean, it is just who I am. And if a resort would rather have an empty ocean-front room rather making a patron who cared enough to book their property for half a month even more happy, god bless.

Tell you what. I am willing, at great personal risk, to take your place on this trip and save you the hazards of international travel and the unsafe sport of scuba diving. I wouldn't offer this to just anyone, but you seem like an ok guy.

Tell you what. I am willing, at great personal risk, to take your place on this trip and save you the hazards of international travel and the unsafe sport of scuba diving. I wouldn't offer this to just anyone, but you seem like an ok guy.

Sorry, but one must carry their own cross, matters not how they dislike it.

‹You don't have to tip the desk clerk!! The hotel has been over booked due to the reservations of Sunscape resorts and Sabor resort not compatible causing bookings from both systems for the same rooms. They won't be able to do it.

However!!!!

As soon as you get there tell them you want to do the club membership info. In Feb they offered a week rent a car, or spa certificates, or room upgrades, or $250 off your hotel bill. Just for 90 min of your time.

But don't believe a word of what they say just get your discount voucher and say no. The more you agree with them during the presentation the longer you will be there and the harder the sales pitch. We walked in verified the discount we would get then said no not interested the rest of the way and were out in 58 min.

That's the problem with sarcasm, isn't it? After a few exchanges it gets difficult to tell what's what. I doubt that Texasguy was being serious.
Hope you are right, but I have been embarrassed by ugly Americans with that attitude several times while travelling, and hate to see it.

That's the problem with sarcasm, isn't it? After a few exchanges it gets difficult to tell what's what. I doubt that Texasguy was being serious.
But he's from Texas. I believe him :)

(Again, no slur meant against all Texans. I know Austin is an exception to the general rule and I know Dandy Don isn't an ugly American 'cause he's quite handsome :) )

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom