Finally buying a cylinder, need clarification...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jrwalsh20

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
been diving for 9 years now and have always rented. Over the last few years i have only used steel HP100's or HP120's where ever i have gone. I have a yoke 1st stage (and have no plans of changing). I will be buying a worthington steel HP120 soon and wanted to get people's advice/take on getting a HP steel cylinder on a yoke 1st stage as opposed to DIN. Should i worry about this at all? Any advice offered is very much appreciated. Safe diving.

been diving for 9 years now and have always rented. Over the last few years i have only used steel HP100's or HP120's where ever i have gone. I have a yoke 1st stage (and have no plans of changing). I will be buying a worthington steel HP120 soon and wanted to get people's advice/take on getting a HP steel cylinder on a yoke 1st stage as opposed to DIN. Should i worry about this at all? Any advice offered is very much appreciated. Safe diving.

Go with a Nitrox-Ready Valves by Thermo - Dive Gear Express. There is no reason to ever be one or the other. Increases the resale value and flexibility.

There's different brands of valve, I like the XS Scuba thermoPro with red/green wheel.

XS Scuba Thermo Pro Scuba Tank Valve VA200 with reviews at scuba.com

Basically, should you chose to go DIN, you just unscrew the insert.

Worthtington X7-120s come with Thermo Pro Valves already. Are you asking if you should replace that valve with either a Yoke or DIN? Thermo Pro Valves convert from Yoke to 200 bar DIN by removing the insert. I'd recommend keeping the included valve. No need to buy another valve.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom