Finally got OW

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Beowulf

Contributor
Reaction score
We started classes back in August but due to our hectic work lives have been unable to do our OW dives. We spent as much time as possible in LDS pool and took a refresher class last month.

We finally booked a trip to Cancun and went out with Scorpio Divers for referral dives. 1st day got canceled due to very rough seas. Finally got out on Saturday in fairly rough seas and very strong surface current. My other half got terribly seasick but made it down for dive one. She was unable to complete dive two due to sickness. Instructor agreed to do 3 dives Sunday to finish. Calmer seas and Dramamine fixed her right up.

On dive two I left DIN-yoke adapter at hotel and had to use rental regs. She lost weight pouch on weight removal drill, she and our instructor were sure it was properly re-inserted after drill. So, it was not without issues but that undoubtedly left us better prepared for issues that may arise.

We now know that a c-card is a license to kill ourselves, rather than just go do whatever we want. We look forward to diving with DMs and instructors for quite some time to really learn to dive. We are even considering doing another OW class under another cert agency. Not knocking PADI but more that we want to learn more or learn again and are far from ready for AOW. Luckily we have a great LDS with pool we can work in and qualified people to work with. I also have some friends who are very experienced divers.

We are planning on getting down to Florida as much as possible due to close local and it sounds as if there are many shallow, low current sites to continue to learn in.

Thanks to everyone on this board who has helped educate us. There is some great knowledge on this board and we have learned so much here.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom