Question Finally headed to Cebu

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

fly2dive

Registered
Reaction score
We missed our trip to Cebu in March of 2020 due to the Wuhan Red Death and (fingers crossed) scheduled to finally make the trip in March (2 weeks away!!). Headed to Cebu and will be diving in Malapascua (Exotic resort) and Moalboal (Kasai Village Resort). Crazy travel this time around ... IAD-LAX-TPE-CEB and return CEB-TPE-SFO-IAD (ex-US routes are on EVA and UNITED within the US. We will be spending and extra night in Mactan and Cebu City on our arrival and Departure. Questions concern: Any experience with EVA and going through TPE? C19 restrictions (I'm still part of the great unwashed), experience with the dive operators at Exotic and Kasai Village. and finally recommendations for fun things not to miss in Malapascua and Moalboal.
Thanks in Adavance!

1. EVA has good reputation.
2. Philippines still has certain requirement to the unvaccinated on arrival. Look it up. And you also need to be registered on eTravel first.
3. Exotic has been around for many many yrs.

Make sure you have 2-3 hour layover in TPE. I had only 1 hour and my EVA plane from IAH to TPE was half hour late. Ground crew in TPE rushed me to the next flight to CEB. I made it, but my luggage didn’t. Luckily I had 5-day stay in Evolution & I carried on my reg set. So I only need to rent BCD, fins & wetsuit. My dive bag arrived in Evolution 2 days later.

Don’t miss the Kimud Shoal diving with Thresher Sharks. I made 8 dives there & had fantastic experience.

1. EVA has good reputation.
2. Philippines still has certain requirement to the unvaccinated on arrival. Look it up. And you also need to be registered on eTravel first.
3. Exotic has been around for many many yrs.
Thanks, I've seen the etravel registration reqs. Looks like 36-48 before arrival. Glad to hear EVA is ok.

Bob

Make sure you have 2-3 hour layover in TPE. I had only 1 hour and my EVA plane from IAH to TPE was half hour late. Ground crew in TPE rushed me to the next flight to CEB. I made it, but my luggage didn’t. Luckily I had 5-day stay in Evolution & I carried on my reg set. So I only need to rent BCD, fins & wetsuit. My dive bag arrived in Evolution 2 days later.

Don’t miss the Kimud Shoal diving with Thresher Sharks. I made 8 dives there & had fantastic experience.
I carry everything in my backpack 😎 but my fellow traveller checks a lot of stuff. I'll recheck out TPE layover. Yes, looking forward to the thresher sharks!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom