Finally starting OW class

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Congratulations on your certification.
What is the shark tooth dive off Dunedin beach? My parents live in Dunedin so, maybe the next time I visit I'll do some diving.

Congratulations on your certification.
What is the shark tooth dive off Dunedin beach? My parents live in Dunedin so, maybe the next time I visit I'll do some diving.

My mistake, it's actually Venice beach, not Dunedin... sorry for the confusion

It's a dive off the beach, out about 100 yards in about 20 feet for water, vis is low (5 feet or less) and they look for sharks teeth. I understand they are black teeth and they usually get quite a few.... plans are to go at 9:00 am this coming Sunday. Figure it would be a good experience and there will be 5 instructors that I know of there at the dive.

Thanks for the clarification. Good luck! I hope you find some nice big shark teeth. Enjoy your first post certification dives.

Thanks for the clarification. Good luck! I hope you find some nice big shark teeth. Enjoy your first post certification dives.

JimHar99.. found this within an article if you are interested...

While there are no coral reefs in this region there are two nice spots for beach diving. Bradenton Beach is the location of Regina (or Sugar Barge), a tanker that sunk in 1940 and was declared an Underwater Archaeological Preserve in 2004. At Venice Public Beach divers have found prehistoric shark teeth as large as six inches while diving off the beach.

Above taken from: USA : Florida Scuba Diving Sites - Dive Spots

Thanks for the link. Wow, a six inch shark tooth.. that would be a real find.
Enjoy you dives and again, congrats on completing the certification.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom