finally

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Fantastic!

Your excitement is certainly infectious---always maintain that excitement as I have all these good and great years

Sam Miller
LACo Instructor #11-LA Co is Where it all started
NAUI Instructor # 27
PADI instructor # 2241
and the rest of the instructor alphabet

SSI PRO 5000 -1992

Last edited:
I start my OW classes tonight and am very excited and a little bit nervous( is that normal, lol).

Yes,... to be a little nervous is quite normal. Heck,.... as an instructor, I will admit, I even get a little nervous before a class starts :blinking:. Lots of unknowns; it is the unknown that makes us nervous. Once the course starts, I settle right in, as does my students & everything generally goes well. If you need to, discuss with your instructor about any concerns you may have, that should help make you less anxious.

ive been doing everything i can to get use to the gear i have already, me and nick (just made his own account here) we have been praticing clearing our masks, clearing our snorkle, just swimming around with our snorkles...anything you can think of.

and yeah im sure its very normal to be nervous, the OW class alone has quite alot of stuff to remember bnut after you do a couple dives im sure it becomes rather routine for you and you become alot more comfortable...my class is 2 weeks away :( so im not nervous im just anxious but im sure ill be in your boat come that first saturday lol

my LDS had a free discover scuba day i was waiting for, went there and absolutly loved it as i would have imagine, before i left i signed up for my basic open water courses, there suppose to start later in august like the 21st after they get back from a trip. but im super excited. cant wait to finally be certified and start diving every chance i get. just thought id share with everyone how unbelieveable excited i am right now :D

This is how the addiction usually starts :D

Yep. Got the bug myself. Just started my OW class the end of July. We just had our third pool session Sunday (NAUI) where we actually got to go under! GREAT FEELING being motionless! Looking forward to the next class.

But I'm stealing the thread. Good to hear of other newb's like myself being excited about class. Hope things go as well for you as we've been doing in our class.

Keep us posted!

-G

Go for it!!! I don't think you'll be disappointed...

just thought id let everyone on this thread know got thru the first week of my OW cert, just have my check out dives this coming weekend and if everything goes as planned ill be officially certified by the end of next weekend. but im going to get off here now because im absolutly wiped out from the weekend :sleepy: just thought id give a little update

Just wanted to hop in and share in the excitement. I haven't started my OW classes yet and it will be a few months (at least) before I can, but I'm working through the book and DVD now. I just ordered my mask on Saturday (at the LDS, they didn't have the color I wanted in stock) and I can't wait to start my classes!

Back
Top Bottom